SEN Teaching Assistant
SEN Teaching Assistant
Tradewind Recruitment is currently looking for an experienced SEMH specialist to work in a highly regarded Pupil Referral Unit (PRU) in Harrow working with secondary aged pupils. The role starts ASAP and would be for rest of the year at a daily rate between £70 and £90 per day.
The PRU specialises in working with secondary aged pupils with SEMH pupils who have been permanently excluded from mainstream settings. The school is part of a group of 3 schools and as such all staff benefit from the shared learning and training throughout all sites to enable you to become an excellent SEMH practitioner.
The school has small class sizes of between 4 and 6 pupils and are looking for an SEMH specialist to work with KS3 and KS4 pupils with an aim of getting them back into a mainstream setting as they progress into secondary education.
The Teaching Assistant we require should have:
- Previous PRU experience
- Team Teach or positive restraint training is preferred but not essential
- You will work closely with experienced SEMH teachers providing 1:1 and small group support in a challenging behaviour environment.
- A therapeutic or counselling background would be useful.
As a Teaching Assistant, you will be required to:
- Provide day to day support, delivering 1:1, paired and small group teaching, and learner sessions
- Help to plan lessons by preparing materials and resources
- Working with key pupils to help develop their personal plans and aspirations
- Supporting pupils to develop crucial life skills to help them thrive.
- You will be well organised, have good planning skills, have experience of working with children and young people using a behavioural approach, a commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Above all, you will also need the physical and emotional resilience to work with young people who often present behaviours that challenge.
This Pupil Referral Unit is based in Harrow, North-West London and has on-site parking for those who have access to a car. It is also accessible by bus, the Jubilee Line, Northern Line and the Overground.
The benefits of working with Tradewind:
- We attract top education talent and in return offer top rates of pay
- We care about your training and development more than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 30 to be exact!
- Great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a brilliant bonus!
- Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
- Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
- Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
- Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
Click 'Apply now' to be considered for this great position as SEN Teaching Assistant in Harrow, North-West London. Or for more information about the role, contact Alisha Sparks on 0207 845 5450 / OPTION 3 or email@example.com We look forward to hearing from you and helping take you on the next step of your teaching career.
- As a Sunday Times Top 100 employer, we're committed to putting candidates & staff first
- We employ the best in the business to provide an exceptional service to our candidates
- Top rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay; however, we will happily accrue this upon request)
- More free CPD courses than any other education recruiter
- Awarded REC Audited Education Gold Standard status and we're proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.