SEN Teaching Assistant
SEN Teaching Assistant
Do you want to make the ordinary possible for children and young people with Autism?
Tradewind Recruitment are now working with an Ofsted 'Outstanding' special school in Brent, North-West London, who are looking for an experienced SEN Teaching Assistant to work with autistic pupils on a full-time basis. The role starts ASAP and is an ongoing role that will become permanent for the right candidate at a daily rate between £75 and £85 per day and would be for the rest of the academic year.
This highly regarded school in Brent, North-West London, provides for children between ages 5-11 years old with a diagnosis of autism (ASD / ASC). Some of the students are non-verbal or pre-verbal so communication using PECS/MAKATON is desired. Personal care will be required in most classes, so it is important for the candidate to be comfortable providing personal care.
The school is a modern purpose-built facility and playgrounds equipped for physical exploration and interactive play. This school has a fantastic reputation in the local area and has received Ofsted Outstanding for the past 3 Ofsted inspections.
As a SEN Teaching Assistant, you will also assist in the organisation of class activities and perform 1:1 and group work with students to engage them and ensure their progress. The main responsibility is to support the class teacher during lessons with the educational and social needs of pupils with a range of abilities who follow a curriculum adapted to best meet their needs. There is a focus on developing Social Skills in lessons and also group sessions improving life skills and communication skills.
Pupils can also access Occupational Therapy, Art Therapy, Speech and Language Therapy, Dramatherapy and a sensory room if needed.
Located in Brent, the school is accessible via the Overground, the Jubilee Line and is on several popular bus routes.
To join us and be successful in this SEN Teaching Assistant specialist role:
- Experience working with Autistic pupils is essential
- Staff will need to be able to think on their feet and work with energetic challenging pupils.
- PECS and Makaton experience is desired.
- This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional reference checks
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and any employment breaks must be explained
- You must have the legal right to work in the UK
By registering with Tradewind, we can offer you:
- We attract top education talent and in return offer top rates of pay
- We care about your training and development more than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 25 to be exact! That's 18 more than our next nearest competitor
- Great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn up to *£100
- Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
- Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
- Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
- Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
Click 'Apply now' to be considered for this SEN Teaching Assistant role in Brent, North-West London, or more information please contact Alisha Sparks on 0207 845 5450, Opt 3, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- As a Sunday Times Top 100 employer, we're committed to putting candidates & staff first
- We employ the best in the business to provide an exceptional service to our candidates
- Top rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay; however, we will happily accrue this upon request)
- More free CPD courses than any other education recruiter
- Awarded REC Audited Education Gold Standard status and we're proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.