SEN Teaching Assistant
SEN Teaching Assistant
Do you want to make the ordinary possible for children and young people with Autism?
Tradewind Recruitment are now working with a primary school with an alternative resource provision in Barnet, North-West London who are looking for a SEN Teaching Assistant to start ASAP. The schools Teaching Assistants are Teaching and Behaviour Support Staff. The role combine's teaching and learning with a behavioural approach.
The school in Barnet, North-West London are looking for creative and talented Teaching and Behaviour Support staff to make a positive difference to their learner's lives. The school heavily invests in their people, providing excellent training programmes and personal development plans to get the very best from them.
This school, providing support and education to pupils aged 4-11, has been rated Ofsted Outstanding and is also in the top 3% of schools in England! They have high aspirations for the pupils and learners. The goal for all their pupils and learners is that when they leave their settings they will have the opportunity to access employment, further education or training and to live as part of the communities of their choice.
This alternative resource provision provides for students with Autism who have an EHCP (Educational Health Care Plan). You will be one of 4 adults in an Upper KS2 class ( Year 5 and Year 6) which has a class size of 7. The curriculum has been slightly adjusted to suit their needs, however it still follows the national curriculum. Within this provision, you will be working collaboratively with the Speech Therapists, Occupational Therapists and there is access to a sensory room and therapy room.
Your role as a Teaching and Behaviour Support Assistant will be:
- Provide day to day support, delivering 1:1, paired and small group teaching, and learner sessions
- Supervise and support community-based learning and educational visits
- Help to plan lessons by preparing materials and resources
- Working with key pupils to help develop their personal plans and aspirations
- Supporting pupils to develop crucial life skills to help them thrive.
- You will be well organised, have good planning skills, have experience of working with children and young people with autism using a behavioural approach, a commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Above all, you will also need the physical and emotional resilience to work with young people who often present behaviours that challenge.
- Experience of PECS, SCERTS, Phonics, TEACHH curriculum will be helpful to support students throughout the day
Benefits of working at the school:
- A vibrant team of experts, Speech & Language Therapists, Behaviour Analysts, Occupational Therapists and Specialist Teachers
- Highly invested in training staff
- Highly competitive annual salary
- Continuous professional and personal development
- The school is in Barnet, North-West London, and has off-road parking for those who drive. It is also easily accessible via the Northern Line and several popular bus routes.
The benefits of working with Tradewind:
· We attract top education talent and in return offer top rates of pay
· We care about your training and development more than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 30 to be exact!
· Great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a brilliant bonus!
· Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
· Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
· Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
· Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
Click 'Apply Now' to be considered for this great position as a SEN Teaching Assistant in Barnet, North London. Or for more information about the role, contact Alisha Sparks on [02078455450.option3] or [email@example.com]
- As a Sunday Times Top 100 employer, we're committed to putting candidates & staff first
- We employ the best in the business to provide an exceptional service to our candidates
- Top rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay; however we will happily accrue this upon request)
- More free CPD courses than any other education recruiter
- Awarded REC Audited Education Gold Standard status and we're proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.