SEN Teaching Assistant
SEN Teaching Assistant
Tradewind are currently recruiting for an experienced SEN Teaching Assistant for a Primary SEN Unit in Islington working with children with complex Special Educational Needs. The role is full time and will start ASAP on a long-term basis for the rest of the academic year and will most likely become permanent for the right candidate.
If you have sound knowledge of EYFS, a good level of SEND experience and have a passion for supporting young people with complex needs, this could be the role for you.
This school in Islington, North London, is an Outstanding Ofsted rated primary school in Islington providing for students aged 5-11. They have recently opened a SEN provision to support students with a range of complex needs including Autism, Downs Syndrome, Social Emotional and Mental Health difficulties (SEMH) and Medical Needs. You will be required to work 1:1 with a boy in EYFS, aged 5, with severe complex needs including learning developmental delay and medical needs (severe epilepsy).
This Islington school has been commended twice for their academic excellence, is viewed as a well-connected and caring school who go the extra mile to help children achieve their personal growth. The school aims to provide a creative and stimulating learning environment, with a strong commitment to the arts
As a SEN Teaching Assistant, you will be working within a small classroom of up to 10 students providing 1:1 support to one pupil in EYFS who has very complex needs including learning developmental delay and medical needs (severe epilepsy). You will be on hand to support the student within class and outside the classroom, helping to engage him in his lessons and assist with tailoring activities to suit him best. You will also assist in the organisation of class activities and perform 1:1 work with this student to ensure academic progression. In this role, there is a focus on developing Social Skills in lessons and also group sessions improving life skills and communication skills.
The school is very central and is easily accessible by several transport links including the Northern Line, Circle Line, Metropolitan Line, Hammersmith and City and is not far from London King's Cross so can be accessed via multiple London boroughs.
Essential requirements of a SEN Teaching Assistant:
- Experience supporting young people with complex learning difficulties.
- Previous support work within a school or other child related experience.
- Experience within EYFS.
- Enthusiastic, positive and friendly approach.
- A caring and professional manner, willing to support with the personal care of pupils.
- Must have legal right to work in the UK.
By registering with Tradewind, we can offer you:
- We attract top education talent and in return offer top rates of pay
- We care about your training and development more than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 25 to be exact! That's 18 more than our next nearest competitor
- Great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn up to *£100
- Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
- Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
- Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
- Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
Click 'Apply now' to be considered for this SEN Teaching Assistant role in Islington, North London, or more information please contact Alisha Sparks on 0207 845 5450, Opt 3, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- As a Sunday Times top 100 employer, we're committed to putting candidates & staff first
- We employ the best in the business to provide an exceptional service to our candidates
- Top rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay; however we will happily accrue this upon request)
- More free CPD courses than any other education recruiter
- Awarded REC Audited Education Gold Standard status and we're proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.