SEN Teaching Assistant
SEN Teaching Assistant
Tradewind Recruitment are now working with an Ofsted 'Outstanding' special school in Brent, North-West London who are now looking for a SEN Teaching Assistant to start with them in September 2021. It would be a full time, long term role which would be for the full academic year and would most likely go permanent for the right candidate. The school provides for young people, across Primary and Secondary, with a diagnosis of Autism and moderate learning difficulties.
As a SEN Teaching Assistant, you will be delivering 1:1 and small group teaching to pupils in the Verbal Behaviour class based on the principles of Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA) and the Analysis of Verbal Behaviour. You will be effectively supporting pupils in group lessons using strategies in line with pupils' behaviour plans and targets. You will also be committed to positively and consistently managing challenging behaviour in line with pupils' behaviour plans and recording all incidents in accordance with school policies.
The school is a modern purpose-built facility and playgrounds equipped for physical exploration and interactive play. This school has a fantastic reputation in the local area and has received Ofsted Outstanding for the past 3 Ofsted inspections. Pupils can also access Occupational Therapy, Art Therapy, Speech and Language Therapy, Dramatherapy and a sensory room if needed.
To be successful in this SEN Teaching Assistant role, you will need to have experience supporting young people with Autism, knowledge of the principles of Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA) and a passion for supporting SEND pupils. You must have experience working within a school setting, ideally with KS1-KS3 as you will be supporting year groups of Year 1-Year 8. The successful candidate will need to be able to think on their feet and work with energetic challenging pupils.
Located in Brent, the school is accessible via the Overground, the Jubilee Line and is on several popular bus routes. There is also on-site parking for those that prefer to drive.
By registering with Tradewind, we can offer you:
- We attract top education talent and in return offer top rates of pay
- We care about your training and development more than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 25 to be exact! That's 18 more than our next nearest competitor
- Great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn up to *£100
- Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
- Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
- Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
- Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
Click 'Apply now' to be considered for this SEN Teaching Assistant role in Brent, North-West London, or more information please contact Alisha Sparks on 0207 845 5450, Opt 3, or email@example.com.
- As a Sunday Times Top 100 employer, we're committed to putting candidates & staff first
- We employ the best in the business to provide an exceptional service to our candidates
- Top rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay; however, we will happily accrue this upon request)
- More free CPD courses than any other education recruiter
- Awarded REC Audited Education Gold Standard status and we're proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.