SEN Teaching Assistant
SEN Teaching Assistant
Tradewind Recruitment are working with a SEN school in Sutton that are recruiting for Teaching assistants to join them from September ongoing into the next academic year with the hope of going permanent for the right candidate. The school is a Secondary school that specialises in meeting the needs of students who have Speech, Language and Communication difficulties and provides placements for students from a wide range of local authorities. The school is situated in the London Borough of Sutton and are easily accessible by public transport from Waddon Station and well placed to draw upon a wide range of leisure, recreational and educational facilities having easy access to Surrey and London.
- A collaborative team including Teachers, Speech and Language Therapists, Support Staff and Occupational Therapists devise a learning pathway for every student.
- Speech and Language Therapy and Occupational Therapy are integrated into all aspects of the curriculum. Therapists work closely with students, parents, class teachers, support assistants and external agencies to provide a whole school approach to ensuring the pupils achieve their full potential both at school and in their life beyond school.
- The School Curriculum includes work with the therapy team, travel training, enterprise activities, work related learning, independence and self-help skills, FE College Link courses, work experience and learning outside the classroom activities.
- Every pupil has termly IEP targets which are monitored and reviewed by our multi-disciplinary team.
- Progress reports are sent home three times a year as well as a summary report which are provided for every curriculum area at the end of the year.
- A calm and positive environment, with minimal distractions to maintain confident participation in lessons and school events is maintained throughout the school.
Expectations from staff:
The successful SEND TA / SEND LSA will need to be able to support pupils that may have challenging behaviour, specific learning difficulties or EHCP's. With support from other members of staff, activities will be set by the teacher, and you will support pupils with their progress and attainment.
Everyone wants a purposeful job - to do something really meaningful. With us, it's never 'just a job'. In return for your hard work and passion you can find real and meaningful work experience, access to some amazing benefits alongside our competitive pay, at Tradewind Recruitment SEN, we are known for remunerating our candidates better than our competitors, as well as always providing high quality service.
The benefits of working with Tradewind:
- As a Sunday Times Top 100 employer, we're committed to putting candidates & staff first
- We employ the best in the business to provide an exceptional service to our candidates
- Top rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request)
- More free CPD courses than any other education recruiter
- Awarded REC Audited Education Gold Standard status and we're proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer
The footer - Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer - stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates, clients and employees come first. At Tradewind you will have access to 25 fully certified CPD courses, that's 18 more than our next nearest competitor, all focused on making you the best you can be. We have the very best people available to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you. Put simply; we listen, we learn, we deliver. Why? Because our people matter most. Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are also a proud Equal Opportunities Employer.
Click 'Apply Now' to be considered for this great position as an Teaching Assistant in Sutton Or for more information about the role, contact Jade Kierans on [0207 845 5450. option3] or [email@example.com]
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.