SEN Teaching Assistant
SEN Teaching Assistant
Tradewind are currently recruiting for an experienced SEN Teaching Assistant for a Primary SEN Unit in Southwark working with children with complex Special Educational Needs. The role is full time and will start ASAP on a long-term basis for the rest of the academic year and will most likely become permanent for the right candidate.
This school in Southwark, London, is an Outstanding Ofsted rated primary school providing support for students aged 5-11. They have recently opened a SEND resourced provision to support students with a range of complex needs including Autism, Downs Syndrome, Social Emotional and Mental Health difficulties (SEMH) and Medical Needs.
This Southwark school has been commended twice for their academic excellence, is viewed as a well-connected and caring school who go the extra mile to help children achieve their personal growth. The school aims to provide a creative and stimulating learning environment, with a strong commitment to the arts
As a SEN Teaching Assistant, you will be working within a small classroom of up to 8 students providing 1:1 support to two pupils in KS1 with complex needs. You will be on hand to support the students within class, helping to engage them in their lessons and ensuring the lesson is running smoothly. You will also assist in the organisation of class activities and perform 1:1 and group work with students to engage them in their learning and to ensure academic progression. The main responsibility is to support the class teacher during lessons with the educational and social needs of pupils with a range of abilities who follow a curriculum adapted to best meet their needs. There is a focus on developing Social Skills in lessons and also group sessions improving life skills and communication skills.
The school is very central and is easily accessible by several transport links including the Northern Line, Jubilee and Hammersmith and City
Essential requirements of a SEN Teaching Assistant:
- Experience supporting young people with autism or complex learning difficulties.
- Previous support work within a school or other child related experience.
- Enthusiastic, positive and friendly approach.
- A caring and professional manner, willing to support with the personal care of pupils.
- Must have legal right to work in the UK.
By registering with Tradewind, we can offer you:
- We attract top education talent and in return offer top rates of pay
- We care about your training and development more than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 25 to be exact! That's 18 more than our next nearest competitor
- Great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn up to *£100
- Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
- Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
- Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
- Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
Click 'Apply now' to be considered for this SEN Teaching Assistant role in Southwark, London or more information please contact Jade Kierans on 0207 845 5450, OPT 3, or firstname.lastname@example.org As a Sunday Times top 100 employer, we're committed to putting candidates & staff first
- We employ the best in the business to provide an exceptional service to our candidates
- Top rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay; however we will happily accrue this upon request)
- More free CPD courses than any other education recruiter
Awarded REC Audited Education Gold Standard status and we're proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer
in a row!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.