SEN Teaching Assistant
SEN Teaching Assistant
Tradewind Manchester is recruiting for a SEN Teaching Assistant!
Have you got previous experience supporting young people with Special Educational Needs (SEN)?
About the role:
- SEN Teaching Assistant in primary special school.
- Start date of 22nd February (After half term).
- Full time and long term with the potential to turn in to a permanent contract.
- Pay up to £75 per day.
- Supporting a range of pupils in the school sometimes 1:1, sometimes in groups.
- You must have previous experience as a SEN Teaching Assistant or as a Care Worker with SEN.
About the school:
- Primary special school for young people with Autism, Complex Needs or Severe Learning Difficulties (SLD).
- Rated OUTSTANDING by Ofsted. Commenting on strong management, strong vision and a nurturing and welcoming environment that has the pupils best interests at heart.
- Exceptional state of the art facilities including sensory rooms, medical rooms, therapy rooms, art, sports etc.
- Highly skilled, supportive and friendly team.
- Looking for a SEN Teaching Assistant that is adaptable, hard working and resilient.
- Excellent local transport links, shops, cafes and other amenities nearby.
About the pupils:
- All pupils are at KS1 or KS2 and all have an EHCP for Special Needs.
- Some pupils require intensive 1:1 or 2:1 support.
- Knowledge and previous experience of working with Autism is essential.
- Pupils are both verbal or non-verbal so experience with Speech & Language Communication difficulties would be ideal.
- Pupils use PECS and Makaton among other strategies so again some experience of this would be advantageous.
- Some pupils have physical needs and may need Personal Care or Moving & Handling support. If you are not trained in this then you will support pupils who don't require this.
By registering with Tradewind Manchester, you will benefit from:
- An honest and friendly team with a wealth of educational experience
- Consultants that will listen to what you want and support you wherever necessary
- Top rates of pay through our attraction of the best education talent
- More training and development than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 25 to be exact! That's 18 more than our next nearest competitor
- A great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a generous reward
- Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
- Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
- A straightforward Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
- Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
Please call the Manchester office on 0161 674 0138, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
To join us and be successful in this SEN Teaching Assistant role, you will need to:
- Be subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional references checks.
- Provide a CV with at least 10 years employment/education history included and any employment breaks must be explained.
- Have the legal right to work in the UK.
A bit about Tradewind...
- As a Sunday Times Top 100 employer, we're committed to putting candidates & staff first
- We employ the best in the business to provide an exceptional service to our candidates
- Top rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request)
- More free CPD courses than any other education recruiter
- Awarded REC Audited Education Gold Standard status and we're proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.