SEN Teaching Assistant
SEN Teaching Assistant
Tradewind is recruiting for a caring and nurturing SEN Teaching Assistant for a specialist Autism school in Manchester!
Are you passionate about supporting young people and helping them succeed?
Are you looking for an amazing new challenge at an outstanding school?
Do you have experience of supporting children or young adults with Autism?
About the role:
- SEN Teaching Assistant in a specialist Autism school in Manchester.
- Start date - 1st March 21.
- Full time and long term with the potential to turn in to a permanent contract.
- Pay up to £75 per day.
- Supporting pupils on a 1:1 basis with Autism, ASC and other Complex Needs.
- You must have previous experience supporting young people with Autism, ASC.
- Providing learning, behaviour and emotional support.
About the school:
- Special school for young people with Autism and associated needs.
- Rated GOOD by Ofsted. SLT and staff are all pulling in the same direction to make the school outstanding. Parents are very positive about the care and education the school provides.
- Excellent modern facilities with different sensory rooms and provisions.
- Holistic approach to education and learning and make a massive deal about all the small steps that their pupils make.
- Aim to help students find confidence and Independence so that they can find enjoyment in life after school and make an active and positive contribution to society.
- The school is a right through school from Early Years to 16 however this role is as a SEN Teaching Assistant in their secondary section.
About the pupils:
- Pupils are aged 2-16 and have an EHCP for SEN with the majority having Autism (ASC) including verbal and non-verbal pupils and low and high functioning.
- Pupils need support managing emotions, processing and understanding work and interaction with peers.
- Some need support with language and speech as she is working at lower than expected levels.
- Pupils are both verbal or non-verbal so some will need support with Speech & Language and often use PECS or Makaton to communicate.
- Staff promote independence, enthusiasm for learning, confidence and courage in their pupils and this is the basis on which pupils are able to achieve.
- Some pupils have Sensory Needs so an appreciation and empathy towards this is needed.
By registering with Tradewind Manchester, you will benefit from:
- An honest and friendly team with a wealth of educational experience
- Consultants that will listen to what you want and support you wherever necessary
- Top rates of pay through our attraction of the best education talent
- More training and development than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 25 to be exact! That's 18 more than our next nearest competitor
- A great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a generous reward
- Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
- Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
- A straightforward Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
- Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
Please call the Manchester office on 0161 674 0138, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
To join us and be successful in this SEN Teaching Assistant role, you will need to:
- Be subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional references checks.
- Provide a CV with at least 10 years employment/education history included and any employment breaks must be explained.
- Have the legal right to work in the UK.
A bit about Tradewind...
- As a Sunday Times Top 100 employer, we're committed to putting candidates & staff first
- We employ the best in the business to provide an exceptional service to our candidates
- Top rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request)
- More free CPD courses than any other education recruiter
- Awarded REC Audited Education Gold Standard status and we're proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.