SEN Teaching Assistant
SEN Teaching Assistant
Tradewind is recruiting for an experienced SEN Teaching Assistant for a special needs secondary school in south Manchester!
Are you passionate that all young people should have the opportunity to succeed?
Do you have experience supporting young people with Autism or Complex Needs?
About the role:
- SEN Teaching Assistant in a special needs secondary school.
- Start date - 1st March 21.
- Full time and long term with the potential to turn in to a permanent contract.
- Pay up to £75 per day.
- Supporting pupils in class and on a 1:1 basis with Autism (ASC), Complex Needs and PMLD.
- You must have previous experience supporting young people with Autism, ASC or Complex Needs.
- You must also have previous experience as a SEN Teaching Assistant in a special school or a SEN Teaching Assistant in a mainstream school.
- You will be treated like a permanent member of staff with access to all facilities, support and training opportunities.
- Ideally you will have training or experience one or all of the following: PECS, Makaton, Personal Care, Moving & Handling.
About the school:
- Special school for young people with Autism, Profound & Multiple Learning Difficulties (PMLD) & Complex Needs.
- Rated OUTSTANDING by Ofsted.
- The school has very strong leadership and never rests on it's laurels, always striving to be better.
- Staff, parents and pupils are all extremely complimentary about the support, care & education they receive.
- They value diversity, individuality, co-operative working, mutual respect and have high expectations of the outcomes they want to achieve.
- The curriculum is based on P Levels and is highly differentiated for each individual and group and aims to be exiciting, fun and promote an enjoyment of learning.
- They focus on 3 key drivers - Literacy & Numeracy, Life Skills & Personal Development.
- Excellent facilities including sensory rooms, therapy rooms and outdoor spaces.
About the pupils:
- All pupils are aged 11-16 and have an EHCP for SEN with the majority having Autism (ASC), PMLD or a range of Complex Needs including verbal and non-verbal pupils.
- Pupils learn at P Levels with some progressing to the EYFS or on rare occasions KS1.
- Many have Speech & Language needs and use PECS or Makaton to communicate.
- Some can occasionally display challenging behaviour.
- Some pupils have Sensory Needs so an appreciation and empathy towards this is essential.
- Many pupils have physical needs and use wheelchairs, hoist or may need personal care support.
By registering with Tradewind Manchester, you will benefit from:
- An honest and friendly team with a wealth of educational experience
- Consultants that will listen to what you want and support you wherever necessary
- Top rates of pay through our attraction of the best education talent
- More training and development than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 25 to be exact! That's 18 more than our next nearest competitor
- A great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a generous reward
- Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
- Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
- A straightforward Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
- Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
Please call the Manchester office on 0161 674 0138, or email email@example.com
To join us and be successful in this SEN Teaching Assistant role, you will need to:
- Be subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional references checks.
- Provide a CV with at least 10 years employment/education history included and any employment breaks must be explained.
- Have the legal right to work in the UK.
A bit about Tradewind...
- As a Sunday Times Top 100 employer, we're committed to putting candidates & staff first
- We employ the best in the business to provide an exceptional service to our candidates
- Top rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request)
- More free CPD courses than any other education recruiter
- Awarded REC Audited Education Gold Standard status and we're proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.