SEN Teaching Assistant
SEN Teaching Assistant
Are you an experienced Primary Teaching Assistant with a passion to help young people succeed?
Do you have valid and up to date Team Teach training?
Tradewind are recruiting for a Primary Teaching Assistant to start ojn the 1st March on a full time and long term basis at a Primary Pupil Referral Unit (PRU) in Manchester. This role is expected to last until July 2021 and could turn in to a permanent contract for the right person. Pay up to £75/day.
The setting caters for young people at both KS1 and KS2 age with no more than 8 pupils per class. They have a strong reputation among local schools for providing excellent care, behaviour support and learning for young people from vulnerable backgrounds. The curriculum is based on core and foundation elements of the national curriculum with extra vocational elements as well. Teachers differentiate to meet the needs of each young person and as one of their primary teaching assistants you will need to work with the teacher to deliver the lessons and occassionally help to plan and prep activities and tasks. Some pupils will need 1:1 behaviour or learning intervention. Staff use Team Teach de-esclation strategies to prevent crisis situations and only use positive handling as a last resort.
All pupils have an Education Health Care Plan (EHCP) for Social, Emotional or Mental Health (SEMH) needs or associated difficulties such as ADHD, Autism and Attachment Disorder. This means that pupils can sometimes display challenging behaviours which can include verbal or physical aggression. Staff will sometimes need to use Team Teach positive handling techniques in order to protect others or the pupil themselves however the management prefer to use preventative measures and de-escalation techniques first and make sure that this is at the forefront of their learning and support throughout every aspect of the school.
By registering with Tradewind Manchester, you will benefit from:
- An honest and friendly team with a wealth of educational experience
- Consultants that will listen to what you want and support you wherever necessary
- Top rates of pay through our attraction of the best education talent
- More training and development than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 25 to be exact! That's 18 more than our next nearest competitor
- A great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a generous reward
- Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
- Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
- A straightforward Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
- Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
Please call the Manchester office on 0161 674 0138, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
To join us and be successful in this Primary Teaching Assistant role, you will need to:
- Be subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional references checks.
- Provide a CV with at least 10 years employment/education history included and any employment breaks must be explained.
- Have the legal right to work in the UK.
A bit about Tradewind...
- As a Sunday Times Top 100 employer, we're committed to putting candidates & staff first
- We employ the best in the business to provide an exceptional service to our candidates
- Top rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request)
- More free CPD courses than any other education recruiter
- Awarded REC Audited Education Gold Standard status and we're proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.