SEN Teaching Assistant
SEN Teaching Assistant
Are you passionate about supporting young people with special needs?
Have you got experience in employment or in personal capacity supporting children with Autism?
Tradewind are recruiting for a SEN Teaching Assistant for a special needs primary school in south Manchester.
About the role:
We are proud to be working with an OFSTED 'Outstanding' primary Special School in south Manchester, who are looking for an SEN Teaching Assistant to support their SEN pupils,. Starting on Monday April 19th on a full time and long term basis with the potential to turn in to a permanent contract. Pay up to £75/day.
The role is challenging but really rewarding and will equip you with new skills and experience. You will need to support pupils in class and sometimes on a 1:1 basis. Most of the pupils have Autism with some who are high functioning however some are low functioning as well which means they could have other complex needs. There are sensory needs, speech & language needs, physical needs and emotional & behavioural difficulties as well.
About the school:
The school caters for pupils aged 2 to 11 who have Autism, Complex Needs, Sensory Needs, Hearing & Visual Impairment, Speech and Language Communication Difficulties etc. The curriculum is based on the National Curriculum and closely follows P-Scales, Early Years Foundation Stage as well as KS1 and KS2 elements right through the school. They also have a strong focus on communication, cognition, physical, personal and social development.
The school has amazing facilities and surroundings that are designed to meet the needs of their pupils. They are very child centred in all that they do and expect staff to understand their pupils and be able to adapt and differentiate their approach to each individual.
About the pupils:
All pupils have an EHCP for special needs including Autism & other Complex Needs. These can include sensory and speech and language communication needs. Sometimes anxiety and frustrations related to their Autism can display as challenging behaviour which will need to be managed however the new SEN Teaching Assistant will need to notice triggers early to try and prevent situations occurring while also using diversion and distraction to de-escalate where necessary. Pupils on the whole are well behaved, have loads of energy, are fun to work with and keen to engage and learn.
By registering with Tradewind Manchester, you will benefit from:
- An honest and friendly team with a wealth of educational experience
- Consultants that will listen to what you want and support you wherever necessary
- Top rates of pay through our attraction of the best education talent
- More training and development than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 25 to be exact! That's 18 more than our next nearest competitor
- A great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a generous reward
- Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
- Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
- A straightforward Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
- Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
Please call the Manchester office on 0161 674 0138, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
To join us and be successful in this SEN Teaching Assistant role, you will need to:
- Be subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional references checks.
- Provide a CV with at least 10 years employment/education history included and any employment breaks must be explained.
- Have the legal right to work in the UK.
A bit about Tradewind...
- As a Sunday Times Top 100 employer, we're committed to putting candidates & staff first
- We employ the best in the business to provide an exceptional service to our candidates
- Top rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request)
- More free CPD courses than any other education recruiter
- Awarded REC Audited Education Gold Standard status and we're proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.