SEN Teaching Assistant
SEN Teaching Assistant
Tradewind are recruiting!
We're on the lookout for a caring and patient SEN Teaching Assistant to start ASAP on a full time and long term basis at a special school in south Manchester. This could turn permanent eventually for the right person too. Pay will be up to £75/day.
Other benefits include access to excellent training and support for long term staff as well as modern, accessible and inclusive facilities. There is a really strong team atmosphere at this school and you would be welcomed in as part of the school family.
The right person will have prior experience and knowledge of SEN including Autism as a must. You will be empathetic, patient, adaptable and resilient to changing and challenging situations and passionate to help young people succeed despite their obstacles to learning. You will be required to support pupils in class as well as on a 1:1 basis from time to time.
This is an Ofsted rated OUTSTANDING secondary special school that caters for children aged 11-16 with a wide range of needs however Autism is the most predominant. They have a strong vision of what they want to achieve for their pupils and all staff and management pull together to make this vision a reality. Parents are extremely positive about the school, the atmosphere, the environment and the staff.
The children all have an EHCP for Special Needs. The majority of pupils are diagnosed with autism and/or Speech & Language Communication Difficulties so knowledge of PECS would be a bonus. Pupils have a wide range of needs as they are at different points of the autistic spectrum from high functioning to low functioning. Some of the pupils also have Complex Needs which includes physical needs so experience with personal care or moving and handling would be ideal but not essential as not all of the SEN Teaching Assistant staff are required to support these pupils.
If this sounds like a role for you read on and get in touch using the contact info below!
By registering with Tradewind Manchester, you will benefit from:
* An honest and friendly team with a wealth of educational experience
* Consultants that will listen to what you want and support you wherever necessary
* Top rates of pay through our attraction of the best education talent
* More training and development than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 25 to be exact! That's 18 more than our next nearest competitor
* A great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a generous reward
* Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
* Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
* A straightforward Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
* Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
Please call the Manchester office on 0161 674 0138, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
To join us and be successful in this SEN Teaching Assistant role, you will need to:
- Be subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional references checks.
- Provide a CV with at least 10 years employment/education history included and any employment breaks must be explained.
- Have the legal right to work in the UK.
- As a Sunday Times Top 100 employer, we're committed to putting candidates & staff first
- We employ the best in the business to provide an exceptional service to our candidates
- Top rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request)
- More free CPD courses than any other education recruiter
- Awarded REC Audited Education Gold Standard status and we're proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.