SEN Teaching Assistant
SEN Teaching Assistant
Have you supported children with Special Needs before?
Tradewind are recruiting for a Primary SEN Teaching Assistant to start ASAP on full time basis in south Manchester. This is a temporary to permanent requirement for the right person. Trial days to be arranged in the next week or two. You must have a DBS on the Update Service due to the urgent need for this person to start. Pay up to £75/day.
The right person for this SEN Teaching Assistant role will have prior experience and knowledge of SEN, will be empathetic, patient, adaptable and resilient to changing and challenging situations. This is a fantastic opportunity to work with some of our most vulnerable pupils and help them make progress while building your skills, knowledge and experience. You will sometimes be required to work on a 1:1 basis but most will involve small group work while you support the class teacher in delivering lessons.
The children all have an EHCP for Special Needs. Pupils have a wide range of needs including PMLD, SLD, Complex Needs, Sensory Needs, Communication Needs and Autism. You may also be required to deliver personal care and moving & handling support for their cohort of young people that have Severe Learning Disabilities (SLD). Candidates without the ability to do this area of work will still be considered to support their other pupils with more moderate needs.
The school is rated GOOD by Ofsted across the board and caters for children aged 3-11 with a wide range of profound, complex needs and communication needs. Pupils enjoy their time at school and build strong relationships with staff. Staff are patient, understanding and supportive. Management and staff together create a safe, happy and inclusive environment which any supply member of staff would need to contribute to as well. The school has a great location in south Manchester, close to other amenities and transport links and has strong links to other schools and outside agencies.
If this sounds like a role for you read on and get in touch using the contact info below!
To join us and be successful in this SEN Teaching Assistant role, you will need to:
- Be subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional references checks.
- Provide a CV with at least 10 years employment/education history included and any employment breaks must be explained.
- Have the legal right to work in the UK.
By registering with Tradewind Manchester, you will benefit from:
- An honest and friendly team with a wealth of educational experience
- Consultants that will listen to what you want and support you wherever necessary
- Top rates of pay through our attraction of the best education talent
- More training and development than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 25 to be exact! That's 18 more than our next nearest competitor
- A great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a generous reward
- Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
- Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
- A straightforward Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
- Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
To register for this role please call the Manchester office on 0161 674 0138, or email email@example.com
A bit about Tradewind...
- As a Sunday Times Top 100 employer, we're committed to putting candidates & staff first
- We employ the best in the business to provide an exceptional service to our candidates
- Top rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request)
- More free CPD courses than any other education recruiter
- Awarded REC Audited Education Gold Standard status and we're proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
£65.00 - £80.00 per day + Over 30 Free Accredited CPD Courses
Wigan, Greater Manchester
£65 - £75 per day
Trafford, Greater Manchester
£65 - £75 per day
Oldham, Greater Manchester
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.