SEN Teaching Assistant
SEN Teaching Assistant
This setting was purposefully built to accommodate the needs, equipment and requirements of working with profound and multiple learning difficulties. It's fully equipped with the latest technologies and promotes using their new interactive systems to produce the best out of their students. It takes a holistic approach and provides a 24-hour programme that integrates learning and therapy, and is tailored to each individual pupil.
The appointed teaching assistant could be working with a variety of pupils. Students are of mixed ages between 7-18 and are working at mixed levels. The needs in the class include PMLD, ASD and cerebral palsy.
The successful teaching assistant will;
* be a good communicator who is resilient, with a flexible approach who can make learning fun
* be able to deliver and implement creative and engaging lessons designed by the teachers
* have an understanding of how to use hoists and be comfortable with personal care
The school, which is accessible via train and bus (and provides car parking facilities) also benefits from 2 sensory pools, multiple soft play areas and hi-tech vibro-acoustic and multi-sensory rooms. All of which help to develop pupils' ability to interact with the everyday world around them. One room has a screen that produces coloured patterns in response to sounds made by the children, and a dark room helps to develop eye-tracking as they follow coloured lights. The building and grounds are extremely impressive and they hope to inspire teachers who work in these surroundings
By registering with Tradewind, we can offer you:
* We attract top education talent and in return offer top rates of pay
* We care about your training and development more than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 25 to be exact! That's 18 more than our next nearest competitor
* Great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn up to *£100
* Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
* Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
* Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
* Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
To join us and be successful in this Complex Needs Teacher Assistant role you will need to:
* Have experience working with children & Adults with Complex needs
* This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional reference checks
* Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and any employment breaks must be explained
* You must have the legal right to work in the UK
If this opportunity ticks professional career boxes that you are striving to achieve then be proactive and contact Emma Aaron now on 0207 845 5450 option 3 or email emma.aaron @twrecruitment.com
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer - stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates, clients and employees come first. At Tradewind you will have access to 25 fully certified CPD courses, that's 18 more than our next nearest competitor, all focused on making you the best you can be. We have the very best people available to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you. Put simply; we listen, we learn, we deliver. Why? Because our people matter most.
We specialise in matching Teachers and Support Staff to their dream job, and help Primary, Secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 11 offices in the UK, including: London, the West Midlands, the North West, East Anglia, the North East, the South West, Yorkshire, the Midlands, Herts and Bucks.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are also a proud Equal Opportunities Employer.
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 3rd year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.