SEN Teaching Assistant
SEN Teaching Assistant
Tradewind Manchester are supporting a two-form entry Salford-based primary school in recruiting a SEND Learning Support Assistant. This is a full-time role with an immediate start, then following an initial period working on a temporary basis (typically 16 weeks) this role could become permanent and you may be offered a school contract.
The school is seeking an experienced Teaching Assistant to support pupils with Special Educational Needs who require small group support and 121 support. To be considered for this position you must have a proven track record of supporting pupils who require special needs developmental support; have strong interpersonal skills; be able to engage pupils and differentiate work according to academic levels and a clear understanding of SEND-based learning.
To join us and be successful in this SEND Learning Support Assistant role, you will need to:
- Have experience in working with special needs developmental support, in particular ASC
- Hold a Teaching Assistant qualification or relevant bachelor's degree
- Be subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional reference checks
- Provide a CV with employment/education history included. Employment breaks must be explained
- Have the legal right to work in the UK
This role will include:
-Teaching pupils with special educational needs, usually on a 121 basis
-Taking responsibility for the safeguarding of the young people in your care
-Supporting the school team to provide a stimulating, safe and nurturing environment for students to learn
About the school:
This school prides itself on providing high-quality education which meets the academic, social and emotional needs of its pupils. It has a great relationship with the local community and has a focus on enrichment both inside and outside the classroom. Support of SEND students is well-organised, Teachers and Support Staff undertake behavioural training, and effective and stable leadership ensures that Teaching Assistants and NQTs are very well-supported. Progress in reading, writing and mathematics is above the national average.
About the role:
-Permanent Contract (following a typical 16-week temporary period working through Tradewind Manchester)
-Full time, 08:15-16:00
-Free onsite parking and close to local transport links from the city centre
-You may be required to assist with programmes outside the classroom and after school from time to time
The benefits of working as an experienced SEND Learning Support Assistant at this school include:
-Working in a friendly, supportive team
-Ongoing professional development and promotion opportunities
The benefits of working your initial temporary period in the role through Tradewind include:
-We offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 25 to be exact! That's 18 more than our next nearest competitor!
-Great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn up to *£100
-Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success.
-Online Portal for your time sheets and to log your availability
-Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
If this sounds like the perfect role for you:
Click 'Apply Now' to be considered for this SEND Support Assistant position, located in Salford. For more information about the role, contact Cameron on 0161 674 0138 / email@example.com
More about Tradewind Recruitment:
- As a Sunday Times Top 100 employer, we're committed to putting candidates & staff first
- We employ the best in the business to provide an exceptional service to our candidates
- Top rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request)
- More free CPD courses than any other education recruiter
- Awarded REC Audited Education Gold Standard status and we're proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.