SEN Teaching Assistant
SEN Teaching Assistant
Tradewind Recruitment are currently seeking a friendly, enthusiastic candidate who has experience working with special educational needs. We are searching for someone who is passionate about building self-esteem, has a love of learning and an igniting desire to ensure those they work with reach their full potential. A clear passion working and supporting children with SEN must be evident and the ideal candidate will have previous experience within a school or care environment.
This role is for a local SEN school in Scunthorpe, who are seeking to appoint a Teaching Assistant to work one to one with individuals that attend. The role is longer term and pay scales are in line with a TA Level 2 Salary. The role is full days Monday and Tuesday, Mornings only on a Wednesday and Thursday
The school is OFSTED graded Outstanding and is part of a Teaching School Alliance of over 100 partner schools. The students range between 11-19 years of age who have a range of learning difficulties, including moderate, severe learning difficulties, autism spectrum disorders, profoundand complex needs and language and communication difficulties. Students are supported to inspire them to make the best possible progress within their academic and personal school experience. The school are very much the heart of the community, committed to supporting parents and carers to help students achieve their potential.
We are looking for:
* Someone with passion for SEN and experience in this field
* Someone with a background as a TA or experience in a care or residential setting
* A committed practitioner who will want to attain the highest standards of care
You will be expected to support a range of children across various classes. The school is flexible with who you work with so you will be placed to work with children that suit your background and previous experiences on arrival.
The location of the school is in Scunthorpe and very accessible. The ability to drive would be desirable but not essential for this role.
In return the school offers an extensive induction programme and in-house training. This paired with their state of the art facilities makes it an ideal place to work. You will have the support of a strong SLT and other members of staff.
By registering with Tradewind, we can offer you:
* We attract top education talent and in return offer top rates of pay
* We care about your training and development more than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 30 to be exact! That's 23 more than our next nearest competitor
* Great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a brilliant bonus!
* Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
* Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
* Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
* Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
To join us and be successful in this SEN TA role you will need to:
* Hold relevant experience of a TA/Care based qualification
* This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional reference checks
* Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and any employment breaks must be explained
* You must have the legal right to work in the UK
Click 'Apply now' to be considered for this great position as SEN Teaching Assistant in Scunthorpe. Or for more information about the role, contact Katie Rae on 01482 238878 /firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you and helping take you on the next step of your teaching career.
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer - stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates, clients and employees come first. At Tradewind you will have access to 30 fully certified CPD courses, that's 23 more than our next nearest competitor, all focused on making you the best you can be. We have the very best people available to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you. Put simply; we listen, we learn, we deliver. Why? Because our people matter most.
We specialise in matching Teachers and Support Staff to their dream job, and help Primary, Secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 11 offices in the UK.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are also a proud Equal Opportunities Employer.
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.