SEN Teaching Assistant
SEN Teaching Assistant
Tradewind is recruiting for a SEN Teaching Assistant for a special school & college in Stockport
Do you have experience supporting young people with Autism, PMLD or Complex Needs?
Are you looking to work at a school that empowers you to inspire others while promoting teamwork and ongoing training and support?
About the role:
- SEN Teaching Assistant for a special needs school and college in Stockport.
- Start date - 1st March 21.
- Full time and long term with the potential to turn in to a permanent contract.
- Pay up to £75 per day.
- Supporting pupils on a 1:1, 2:1 or small group basis.
- Ideally you will have some experience or training in one or more of the following: Moving & Handling, Personal Care, PECS, Makaton, Team Teach, Autism strategies etc.
- Providing nurturing and caring support for pupils physical, emotional, behavioural and learning needs.
- Previous experience as a SEN Teaching Assistant, Care Worker or Support Worker required.
About the school:
- Special school & college for young people with Severe Learning Difficulties (SLD), Profound & Multiple Learning Difficulties (PMLD) and Autism (ASC).
- Rated OUTSTANDING by Ofsted.
- The school is highly organised and staff are well supported and trained to meet expectations.
- They have a strong focus on working collaboratively and sharing their talents across the school.
- Diversity & achievements are celebrated and self-esteem and mutual respect and fostered throughout.
- Curriculum is wide ranging, multi-sensory and tailored to meet individual needs.
About the pupils:
- Pupils are aged 11-19 and have an EHCP for SEN with including SLD, Profound & Multiple Learning Difficulties (PMLD) and Autism (ASC).
- Pupils are both verbal or non-verbal so some will need support with Speech & Language and often use PECS or Makaton to communicate.
- Many pupils require wheelchair or hoist support and therefore training or experience in Moving & Handling is ideal.
- Many pupils have physical needs and will require Personal Care.
- Staff promote independence, enthusiasm for learning, confidence and courage in their pupils and this is the basis on which pupils are able to achieve.
- Pupil behaviour is excellent and this really contributes to their learning progress.
- The new SEN Teaching Assistant will need to be empathetic, adaptable, resilient and patient.
By registering with Tradewind Manchester, you will benefit from:
- An honest and friendly team with a wealth of educational experience
- Consultants that will listen to what you want and support you wherever necessary
- Top rates of pay through our attraction of the best education talent
- More training and development than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 25 to be exact! That's 18 more than our next nearest competitor
- A great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a generous reward
- Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
- Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
- A straightforward Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
- Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
Please call the Manchester office on 0161 674 0138, or email email@example.com
To join us and be successful in this SEN Teaching Assistant role, you will need to:
- Be subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional references checks.
- Provide a CV with at least 10 years employment/education history included and any employment breaks must be explained.
- Have the legal right to work in the UK.
A bit about Tradewind...
- As a Sunday Times Top 100 employer, we're committed to putting candidates & staff first
- We employ the best in the business to provide an exceptional service to our candidates
- Top rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request)
- More free CPD courses than any other education recruiter
- Awarded REC Audited Education Gold Standard status and we're proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.