SEN Teaching Assistant
SEN Teaching Assistant
Tradewind Manchester are recruiting! Do you love working in Special Schools? Does supporting children on a 1-1 basis and helping them achieve motivate you?
Tradewind Manchester is currently looking for a caring and nurturing teaching assistant, to join an outstanding and successful school in Tameside, to start in April 2021. This is a full time, long-term role, with the potential of a permanent contract, paying up to £75 a day.
About the school
The school caters for pupils between 11 and 19 years of age who experience severe learning difficulties, profound and multiple learning difficulties and autism. Pupils' attainment ranges from P1 to National Curriculum Level 3.
Teaching is of the highest standard and was described by Ofsted as 'typically outstanding'. Class sizes range between 5 pupils to 3 members of staff and 11 pupils to 4 members of staff depending on the needs and learning profile of each group.
Each pupil has an individualised learning target for every lesson throughout the course of the school day. This ensures that lessons are pitched at the right level for all pupils and that learning progresses at a swift pace.The pupils love coming to school and tell them they find their learning enjoyable and fun.
About the role
This Special School is looking for an SEN Teaching Assistant who can provide 1-1 support for a new child to the school. The child has Autism and will involve ensuring that they have access to the curriculum. You will be required to support the child throughout class, helping with the delivery of phonics, literacy and numeracy. Successful candidates will have strong behaviour management and a good curriculum knowledge.
To be considered for this position, please call the Manchester office on 0161 674 0138, or email email@example.com
To join us and be successful in this SEN Teaching Assistant role, you will need to:
* Be subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional references checks
* Provide a CV with at least 10 years employment/education history included and any employment breaks must be explained
* Have the legal right to work in the UK
By registering with Tradewind Manchester, you will benefit from:
* An honest and friendly team with a wealth of educational experience
* Consultants that will listen to what you want and support you wherever necessary
* Top rates of pay through our attraction of the best education talent
* More training and development than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 25 to be exact! That's 18 more than our next nearest competitor
* A great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a generous reward
* Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
* Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
* A straightforward Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
* Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer - stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates and employees come first. We have the very best people to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you, to ensure we have a thorough understanding of your career goals and work hard on your behalf to secure you positions with great rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request) and plenty of development opportunities. We have more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, a brilliant referral bonus, full interview preparation, help with lesson planning, online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability and plenty more benefits by registering with Tradewind. Because our people matter most.
We specialise in matching teachers and support staff with their dream job, and help primary, secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 12 offices in the UK.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are also a proud Equal Opportunities Employer
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.