SEN Teaching Assistant
SEN Teaching Assistant
Are you motivated by a desire to help young people learn and progress?
Have you supported young people with special needs before?
Tradewind is recruiting for a SEN Teaching Assistant for a primary school in Trafford!
About the role:
- SEN Teaching Assistant in a primary special school.
- Start date 22nd March.
- Full time and long term with the potential to turn in to a permanent contract.
- Pay up to £75 per day.
- Supporting two pupils in KS2 with Autism. both are verbal however they are working at lower levels that would normally be expected. They have sensory and Speech & Language needs. Occasionally they can display challenging behaviour when frustrated or anxious.
- You will need to help manage behaviour, notice any triggers and prevent them from reaching crisis, keep them focus and engaged and make their learning fun.
- You will need to use concise language and break instructions down in to manageable tasks.
- You must have previous experience supporting young people with Autism or Complex Needs.
- The new SEN Teaching Assistant will need to be caring, patient and empathetic to each individual.
About the school:
- Primary special school for young people with Autism, Profound (PMLD), Complex Needs and Speech & Language Communication Needs.
- Rated GOOD by Ofsted. Staff create a safe an nurturing environment in which pupils can grow.
- The management are highly enthusiastic and supportive of what their pupils can achieve despite their obstacles to learning and look for suitably enthusiastic staff to join their team.
- It's a supportive, friendly and welcoming school and other supply staff have commented on how much they've enjoyed it and how well organised it is.
- New build school with excellent facilities to meet their pupils SEN needs.
About the pupils:
- All pupils are aged 2-11 and all have an EHCP for Special Needs including Profound (PMLD) & Complex Needs.
- Pupils are both verbal or non-verbal so some will need support with Speech & Language and use PECS or Makaton to communicate.
- Some pupils require physical support with moving & handling or personal care so candidates with experience of this would be ideal but not essential.
- Staff promote independence, enthusiasm for learning, confidence and courage in their pupils and this is the basis on which pupils are able to achieve.
- Some pupils have Sensory Needs so an appreciation and empathy towards is needed.
By registering with Tradewind Manchester, you will benefit from:
- An honest and friendly team with a wealth of educational experience
- Consultants that will listen to what you want and support you wherever necessary
- Top rates of pay through our attraction of the best education talent
- More training and development than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 25 to be exact! That's 18 more than our next nearest competitor
- A great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a generous reward
- Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
- Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
- A straightforward Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
- Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
Please call the Manchester office on 0161 674 0138, or email email@example.com
To join us and be successful in this SEN Teaching Assistant role, you will need to:
- Be subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional references checks.
- Provide a CV with at least 10 years employment/education history included and any employment breaks must be explained.
- Have the legal right to work in the UK.
A bit about Tradewind...
- As a Sunday Times Top 100 employer, we're committed to putting candidates & staff first
- We employ the best in the business to provide an exceptional service to our candidates
- Top rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request)
- More free CPD courses than any other education recruiter
- Awarded REC Audited Education Gold Standard status and we're proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
£65.00 - £80.00 per day + Over 30 Free Accredited CPD Courses
Wigan, Greater Manchester
£65 - £75 per day
Trafford, Greater Manchester
£65 - £75 per day
Oldham, Greater Manchester
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.