SEN Teaching Assistant
SEN Teaching Assistant
Are you a caring and empathetic SEN Teaching Assistant who wants to work in one of the best SEN schools in the area?
Tradewind is recruiting for a SEN Teaching Assistant for a primary special needs school in Trafford!
About the role:
- SEN Teaching Assistant in a primary special needs school.
- Start date 19th April or ASAP.
- Full time and long term until Summer with the potential to turn permanent.
- Pay up to £75 per day.
- You will be supporting two pupils in KS2 who have Autism. Both with limited speech & language and challenging behaviours as a result of frustrations and anxieties.
- You will need be required to notice triggers and help them get to a point where they can effectively self-regulate and prevent themselves from reaching crisis by noticing and understanding their own triggers.
- They use PECS to help aid communication.
- You may be required to support other pupils and the whole class from time to time.
- You must have previous experience supporting young people with Autism or Complex Needs.
- The new SEN Teaching Assistant will need to be caring, patient and empathetic as well as being resilient and able to persevere through challenging situations.
About the school:
- Primary special school for young people with Autism & Complex Needs.
- Rated Outstanding by Ofsted.
- All previous supply staff have loved working there and several have been taken on permanently.
- They are a highly organised team and have high expectations of the standards of care and education that they provide.
- Incredible facilities that aid the outstanding learning provided by staff.
- They follow the national curriculum at Early Years and KS1 although many pupils are also following P Scales which focus more on personal, physical & social development, speech & language and numeracy & literacy skills.
- The school is very welcoming and supportive of all staff with opportunities for training and development including long term SEN Teaching Assistant supply staff.
About the pupils:
- All pupils are aged 2-11 and have an EHCP for SEN.
- Both pupils who require support are in Year 6.
- Some pupils require Moving & Handling support and Personal Care.
- Many pupils have lower than expected levels of Speech & Language and use PEC, Makaton, Signalong or BSL to help communicate.
- Lots of pupils have sensory needs and take medication which need to be managed.
- Occasionally there are instances of challenging behaviour but on the whole pupils are fun, engaging and have a love of life and want to learn.
This is a fantastically rewarding role where you can really see the results of your hard work and great opportunity to improve your skills and learn from the best.
By registering with Tradewind Manchester, you will benefit from:
- An honest and friendly team with a wealth of educational experience
- Consultants that will listen to what you want and support you wherever necessary
- Top rates of pay through our attraction of the best education talent
- More training and development than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 25 to be exact! That's 18 more than our next nearest competitor
- A great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a generous reward
- Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
- Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
- A straightforward Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
- Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
Please call the Manchester office on 0161 674 0138, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
To join us and be successful in this SEN Teaching Assistant role, you will need to:
- Be subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional references checks.
- Provide a CV with at least 10 years employment/education history included and any employment breaks must be explained.
- Have the legal right to work in the UK.
A bit about Tradewind...
- As a Sunday Times Top 100 employer, we're committed to putting candidates & staff first
- We employ the best in the business to provide an exceptional service to our candidates
- Top rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request)
- More free CPD courses than any other education recruiter
- Awarded REC Audited Education Gold Standard status and we're proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
£65.00 - £80.00 per day + Over 30 Free Accredited CPD Courses
Wigan, Greater Manchester
£65 - £75 per day
Trafford, Greater Manchester
£65 - £75 per day
Oldham, Greater Manchester
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.