SEN Teaching Assistant
SEN Teaching Assistant
Do you have experience supporting children or young adults with Autism/?
I am delighted to be working with a fantastic, OFSTED Outstanding secondary special school in Trafford, who are looking for a SEN Teaching Assistant to start on ASAP in a full time and long term role which will turn permanent at the end of the school year for the right person. Pay up to £75/day.
To join us and be successful in this SEN Teaching Assistant role, you will need to:
- Be subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional references checks.
- Provide a CV with at least 10 years employment/education history included and any employment breaks must be explained.
- Have the legal right to work in the UK.
You will be required to support a pupil with Autism in Year 10 on a 1:1 basis. They have significant sensory and speech and language needs and occasionally challenging behaviour as s result of frustrations and anxieties. It will be your job to prevent difficult situations occurring, help them maintain a positive emotional level and really push them to succeed in learning. They will also need support with peer interactions and focus. You will also need to assist the class teacher and other TAs with classroom management and the delivery of tasks and activities. There is a really welcoming and supportive school with a family atmosphere so you will need to be adaptable and hard-working and willing to muck in with various responsibilities.
About the school:
- Special school & college for young people with Severe Learning Difficulties (SLD), Profound & Multiple Learning Difficulties (PMLD) and severe Autism (ASC).
- Rated OUTSTANDING by Ofsted.
- The school focuses on fun, engaging and challenging lessons and activities that encourage children to explore and learn.
- They have high expectations to make sure that each pupil reaches their potential as life-long learners, are respected unconditionally and valued equally.
- Strong emphasis on practical and independence related skills.
About the pupils:
- Pupils are aged 11-19 and have an EHCP for SEN with including Autism (ASC), Complex Needs and Profound & Multiple Learning Difficulties (PMLD).
- Pupils are both verbal or non-verbal so some will need support with Speech & Language and often use PECS or Makaton to communicate.
- Many pupils require wheelchair or hoist support and therefore training or experience in Moving & Handling is ideal.
- Staff promote independence, enthusiasm for learning, confidence and courage in their pupils and this is the basis on which pupils are able to achieve.
- The new SEN Teaching Assistant will need to be patient, empathetic and understanding and be able to persevere through challenging situations.
By registering with Tradewind Manchester, you will benefit from:
- An honest and friendly team with a wealth of educational experience
- Consultants that will listen to what you want and support you wherever necessary
- Top rates of pay through our attraction of the best education talent
- More training and development than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 25 to be exact! That's 18 more than our next nearest competitor
- A great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a generous reward
- Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
- Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
- A straightforward Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
- Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
To register for this SEN Teaching Assistant role please call the Manchester office on 0161 674 0138, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
A bit about Tradewind...
- As a Sunday Times Top 100 employer, we're committed to putting candidates & staff first
- We employ the best in the business to provide an exceptional service to our candidates
- Top rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request)
- More free CPD courses than any other education recruiter
- Awarded REC Audited Education Gold Standard status and we're proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
£65.00 - £75.00 per day + Over 30 Accredited CPD Courses
Wigan, Greater Manchester
£70 - £75 per day
Stockport, Greater Manchester
£65.00 - £80.00 per day + Over 30 Accredited CPD Courses
Wigan, Greater Manchester
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.