SEN Teaching Assistant
SEN Teaching Assistant
Do you have a passion to help all young people progress and reach their full potential?
Tradewind are recruiting for a SEN Teaching Assistant for a special needs secondary school in Trafford Pay up to £75/day.
To join us and be successful in this SEN Teaching Assistant role, you will need to:
- have an enhanced DBS certificate (or be happy to apply for new one), professional reference checks and Overseas Police checks (if applicable).
- Provide a CV with at least 10 years employment/education history included and any employment breaks must be explained.
- Have the legal right to work in the UK
About the role
This is an exceptional opportunity to work at one of the best special needs schools in the area. Rated Outstanding by Ofsted.
You will working on a 1:1 basis with a pupil with Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties (PMLD) in Key Stage 3 although working at much lower levels based on P Scales. They have significant physical needs as well as cognitive disabilities. They have sensory and behaviour needs as well and triggers that will need to be managed and hopefully lessened over time. They are pre-verbal and use PECS to help communicate. While challenging they are fun, happy and full of life.
The new SEN Teaching Assistant will need to engage them in varied activities that are pitched at their level while supporting the class teacher in the delivery of more formal lessons. They use a wheelchair and need Moving & Handling support as well as personal care.
Ideally you will have prior experience as SEN Teaching Assistant or have been a Support Worker with a care background.
About the school:
- Special school for young people with Autism, Profound & Multiple Learning Difficulties (PMLD), SLD, Complex Needs and Speech & Language Communication Needs.
- Rated OUTSTANDING by Ofsted.
- This in turn leads to outcomes based around communication, cognition, independence, self-care and equip pupils with skills for life after early education.
- The school focuses on being inclusive, nurturing each individual, making sure learning is fun and challenging, working as a team to provide holistic education & care and celebrating successes.
- New build school with amazing facilities that is tailored to meet the needs of pupils and aid staff in their work.
About the pupils:
- The pupil is in KS3 and has an EHCP for PMLD and is working at very low levels.
- All other pupils are aged 3-11 and have an EHCP for SEN with the majority having SLD, Complex Needs or PMLD.
- Many have significant physical needs and use wheelchairs and hoists.
- Pupils need support managing emotions, processing and understanding work and interaction with peers.
- Many have Speech & Language needs and use PECS or Makaton to communicate.
- Some pupils have Sensory Needs so an appreciation and empathy towards this is needed.
By registering with Tradewind Manchester, you will benefit from:
- An honest and friendly team with a wealth of educational experience
- Consultants that will listen to what you want and support you wherever necessary
- Top rates of pay through our attraction of the best education talent
- More training and development than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 25 to be exact! That's 18 more than our next nearest competitor
- A great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a generous reward
- Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
- Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
- A straightforward Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
- Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
To register for this SEN Teaching Assistant role please call Graham in the Manchester office on 0161 674 0138, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
A bit about Tradewind...
- As a Sunday Times Top 100 employer, we're committed to putting candidates & staff first
- We employ the best in the business to provide an exceptional service to our candidates
- Top rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request)
- More free CPD courses than any other education recruiter
- Awarded REC Audited Education Gold Standard status and we're proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.