SEN Teaching Assistant
SEN Teaching Assistant
Have you got experience supporting children with special needs?
Tradewind are recruiting for a SEN Teaching Assistant for a special needs primary school in near Altrincham in Trafford.
The role is to start ASAP on a full time & long term basis, Monday to Friday 8:30am-3:30pm. Pay up to £85/day.
About the role
This is a role for a Primary SEN Teaching Assistant. You will be working with several pupils regularly who require varying degrees of assistance as a result of different needs including Autism, Learning Difficulties, Physical Disabilities, Communication & Sensory needs and other Complex Needs.
You will need to support physically, emotionally, socially and academically therefore you may at times need to aid with personal care & moving as well as life skills, motor skills, speech & language communication and more.
About the school:
This is an exceptional school that really looks after it's staff and pupils with lots of support from the SLT and teachers. They are highly organised and are rated outstanding by Ofsted. They are one of Trafford's primary special needs schools for young children with Autism, Complex Needs, SLD and PMLD. The school focuses on being inclusive, nurturing each individual, making sure learning is fun and challenging, working as a team to provide holistic education & care and celebrating successes however small. They have amazing facilities with a wide range of uses, spaces and resources that meet & challenge their pupils to reach their full potential.
To join us and be successful in this school based Primary SEN Teaching Assistant role, you will need to:
- have previous experience supporting children with special needs.
- have an enhanced DBS certificate (or be happy to apply for a new one)
- Provide a CV with a full history.
- provide at least 2 professional references.
- Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional references checks.
- Have the legal right to work in the UK.
Benefits of working through Tradewind:
- An honest and friendly team with a wealth of educational experience
- Consultants that will listen to what you want and support you wherever necessary
- Top rates of pay through our attraction of the best education talent
- More CPD than any other agency via our exclusive partnership with The National College, giving you FREE access to over 2,500 online courses.
- A great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a generous reward
- Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
- Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
- A straightforward Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
- Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
To apply for this Primary SEN Teaching Assistant role in Trafford and register with Tradewind please call Graham Warner in the Manchester office on 01616740138 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
A bit more about Tradewind...
- As a Sunday Times Top 100 employer, we're committed to putting candidates & staff first
- We employ the best in the business to provide an exceptional service to our candidates
- Top rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request)
- More free CPD courses than any other education recruiter
- Awarded REC Audited Education Gold Standard status and we're proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
You are subscribed to our push notifications, but not currently for jobs like this.
Would you like to receive notifications for jobs like this as well?
Great news! You are subscribed to receive alerts for jobs similar to this one.
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.