If you answered yes to any of the questions above, this might be just the school are role for you!
SANZA Teaching Agency is currently working with a 1 form entry Chruch of England primary school currently looking for an experienced and down to earth SENCO to join their team. The position of the SENCO is due to start in September 2020 with a few days scheduled in July 2020 for a handover and will continue for a full academic year. The role of a SENCO is 1 day per week (day is flexible) and is paying a salary grade range on the main Scale or Upper Pay Scale depending on experience, £30,480 - £49,571 per annum.
As a SENCO within this 1 form entry Chruch of England primary school you will be responsible for:
· Leading SEN provision
· To teach small groups of SEN children
· To assist in leading whole school assemblies, sporting and fundraising events with the Headteacher Line Managed by Headteacher
As a SENCO you will be required to lead SEN in the school so that it becomes, and stays, 'Excellent' and lead pastoral provision and line manage staff overseeing SEN children.
Other responsibilities for this SENCO role include:
· Line‐manage teaching assistants and support staff who support children with SEN
· Advise on and contribute to the professional development of staff, including whole school INSET provision
· Ensure the objectives of the SEN policy are reflected in the school improvement plan and that these are coordinated, monitored, evaluated and reviewed
· Work with Headteacher and staff to develop effective ways of bridging barriers to learning through:
o Assessment of needs
o To make application for contingency funding and EHC funding and liaise with appropriate external agencies regarding the application and funding
o Target setting
o Maintaining a recording system for progress
o Induction, support, monitoring and advising of staff and new staff to the school on inclusion issues
o Monitoring and intervention with issues around attendance including working with the Educational Welfare service Liaison with senior staff on admissions and exclusion issues and contribution to reports and IEPs for pupils
· To draw up and be an advocate for pupils on the SEN register, ensuring that they receive their full entitlement of access to the National Curriculum
· To manage the budget for ordering the additional resources required for teaching pupils on the SEN register and to monitor their use
· To liaise with parents and outside agencies, including attending meetings with the Education Psychologist, when appropriate where appropriate with regard to pupils on the SEN register
In return you will be working with a truly inspirational Senior Leadership Team who offer support and guidance where needed, Caring parents and feel part of a school community and pupils who want to learn, This school offers continued professional development and possible career progression.
For more information about this role, please contact Liza Al Sady @ SANZA Teaching Agency on 0207 845 6240 or alternatively send an updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Sanza Teaching Agency is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer - stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates, clients and employees come first. At Sanza you will have access to 25 fully certified CPD courses, that's 18 more than our next nearest competitor, all focused on making you the best you can be. We have the very best people available to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you. Put simply; we listen, we learn, we deliver. Why? Because our people matter most.
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.