SEND Primary Teacher
SEND Primary Teacher
Job Title: Primary SEMH Teacher (Temporary to Permanent) starting ASAP
Are you a passionate and dedicated Primary SEMH (Social, Emotional, and Mental Health) Teacher looking for a rewarding opportunity in a specialised educational setting? We are currently seeking an enthusiastic individual to join our team at a Pupil Referral Unit (PRU) School in Leicestershire. This is a full-time position with the potential for a temporary to permanent role.
Our School is committed to providing a supportive and nurturing environment for primary students who face challenges related to Social, Emotional, and Mental Health. We believe in creating a positive and inclusive learning space where every child has the opportunity to thrive academically and personally.
Role and Responsibilities:
As a Primary SEMH Teacher, you will have the unique opportunity to guide and inspire students through lessons in English, Maths, Science, Computing, PSHE, Art, PE, and topic. Our curriculum is designed to be creative and collaborative, fostering thinking skills, teamwork, self-esteem, and independent working. Each topic is a doorway to a range of activities that contribute to the holistic development of our students.
Working with smaller classes of up to 10 students, you will be supported by 1-2 Teaching Assistants (TA's) in each class. This structure ensures a personalised and effective learning experience for both you and the students.
- Plan and deliver engaging lessons that cater to the specific needs of students with SEMH challenges.
- Foster a positive and inclusive learning environment that promotes social and emotional well-being.
- Collaborate with Teaching Assistants to provide additional support and individualised attention to students.
- Monitor and assess student progress, adapting teaching strategies as needed.
- Work closely with other members of the school team to create a cohesive and supportive educational environment.
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) or equivalent.
- Experience or a strong interest in working with students with SEMH needs.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to create and maintain a positive and supportive classroom atmosphere.
Competitive salary based on experience.
Opportunities for professional development and training.
Supportive working environment with a focus on staff well-being.
Chance to make a positive impact in the lives of students facing SEMH challenges.
Temporary to permanent role for the right candidate.
How to Apply:
If you are excited about the prospect of working in a smaller class setting with the support of dedicated Teaching Assistants, please submit your CV. To Apply: click 'Apply now.' For further information about the role, please don't hesitate to reach out to Dominic Watts at 0116 2430299 or via email at email@example.com
Why Choose Tradewind Recruitment?
- At Tradewind, we want to support you as much as possible to ensure you are the best at what you do and provide you with excellent benefits to make you happy in your role, such as:
- Your income matters: we will always seek to get you the highest rate of pay and will provide you with the best possible advice.
- Your development matters: we offer our people free access to over 2,500 CPD courses, webinars, and resources via the incredible National College.
- Your flexibility matters: we tailor the working week to you - daily supply, long-term contracts, and permanent positions available local to you.
- Your wellbeing matters: we put people at the heart of everything we do and are proudly a Sunday Times Top 100 employer for 4 years running.
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
You are subscribed to our push notifications, but not currently for jobs like this.
Would you like to receive notifications for jobs like this as well?
Great news! You are subscribed to receive alerts for jobs similar to this one.
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.