SEND Teaching Assistant
SEND Teaching Assistant
- Working with a child in Year 2 with SEN - Autism, speech and language and some behavioural needs
- He is verbal but needs some assistance with speech and language development, so experience of PECS and Makaton would be welcomed
- Behaviour is good although there are days when he can be challenging, so you will need to be patient, firm but fair
- You will need to have excellent communication skills, both written and spoken as you will be working closely with the class teacher and Senco.
Your hours of work will be 8.30am- 3:45pm with 30 minutes for lunch, with a daily rate of £75-80, depending on experience.
The school is well served by public transport, with some parking available.
To join Tradewind and be successful as a SEN TA you will need to meet the following criteria:
- Ideally have at least one years' experience working in a school
- Previous experience working with children with Autism (ASC) and with behavioural needs
- Have experience of working with children who has speech and language needs
- Be able to set clear boundaries and expectations of behaviour
- You must have the right to work in the UK
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history
- As a Sunday Times Top 100 employer, we're committed to putting candidates & staff first
- We employ the best in the business to provide an exceptional service to our candidates
- Top rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request)
- More free CPD courses than any other education recruiter
- Awarded REC Audited Education Gold Standard status and we're proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer
To apply for the position as a SEN TA, please contact Stuart Edge on 020 7845 5450 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
*As a Sunday Times Top 100 employer, we're committed to putting candidates & staff first
*We employ the best in the business to provide an exceptional service to our candidates
*Top rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request)
*More free CPD courses than any other education recruiter
*Awarded REC Audited Education Gold Standard status and we're proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.