SEND Teaching Assistant
SEND Teaching Assistant
Tradewind are currently working with a great Special School in Dudley that specialises in supporting pupils with various abilities, ranging from moderate learning difficulties to complex and profound needs (ASD / MLD/ SLD / PMLD). The post requires a talented SEN / SEND TA who is flexible, enthusiastic and dedicated to supporting children with educational needs to join their team of dedicated staff.
All applicants must have a minimum of 3 months experience working with children with special educational needs and disabilities (SEN / SEND) in addition to a minimum of 6 months working with children. The role starts in Easter 2021 with a view to be permanent by the new academic year.
Due to the nature of the children attending the school the role will require personal care including feeding. For every child you support on a one to one / 1:1 basis you will receive their care plan, so you are fully aware of the child's back ground and requirements. The school caters for pupils who range from the age of 4 up to 19 and offer a great support system, before your first day you will be given a full induction to ensure you're comfortable in using their facilities and are efficient in utilising their resources and equipment.
You will need to feel confident within a SEND classroom environment and be able to take direction from a class teacher.
The role will include:
* Assisting the teacher with classroom preparation
* 1-1 work with students who require additional support
* Leading group work
* Helping the class teacher with pupil observations
To be considered for this role or to gain further information please get in touch with Aneesa on 0121 643 3505 or email email@example.com
By registering with Tradewind, we can offer you:
* We attract top education talent and in return offer top rates of pay
* We care about your training and development more than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 25 to be exact! That's 18 more than our next nearest competitor
* Great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn up to *£100
* Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
* Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
* Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
* Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer - stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates, clients and employees come first. At Tradewind you will have access to 25 fully certified CPD courses, that's 18 more than our next nearest competitor, all focused on making you the best you can be. We have the very best people available to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you. Put simply; we listen, we learn, we deliver. Why? Because our people matter most.
We specialise in matching Teachers and Support Staff to their dream job, and help Primary, Secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 11 offices in the UK, including: London, the West Midlands, the North West, East Anglia, the North East, the South West, Yorkshire, the Midlands, Herts and Bucks.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are also a proud Equal Opportunities Employer.
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.