SEND Teaching Assistant
SEND Teaching Assistant
Tradewind are recruiting for a SEND Teaching Assistant to start after February half term on a full time and long term basis in south Manchester.
Have you worked as a Teaching Assistant before?
Do you have experience supporting children or young adults with additional needs either in education or care?
This SEND Teaching Assistant role is open at an Ofsted OUTSTANDING special school in south Manchester. The school caters for up to 100 young people aged 11-16 with special needs (SEND) including PMLD, SLD, Complex Needs, Autism, Sensory & Communication needs. They have state of the art facilities designed with thei individual pupils needs in mind which includes a hydrotherapy pool, dance studio, gym, Interactive Learning Environment rooms, sensory rooms, Forest school space and overnight camping pods. The school is exceptionally well run and they strive to perform better each year. Staff love the school and enjoy working there and parents comment on the life changing impact that the school has on them and their children.
The children have a wide range of Complex and Profound Needs and as such most require their SEND Teaching Assistant to be experienced in personal care and moving and handling. Pupils all have EHCPs and IEPs which need to be followed and updated over time in conjunction with other school staff and outside agencies. While the role has a large care element you will also need to provide learning support and follow the teachers instruction. You will need to work in conjunction with the teacher to use strategies to support each individual with their academic progress. You will need to be empathetic, patient and resilient to challenging situations and unexpected events. Progress is measured in smaller steps than in mainstream but these smaller steps can be mountains for some of their young people and they the school is seeing progress in each pupil and wants them to reach their full potential.
This is an amazing opportunity that doesn't come around often to work in an incredible school with exceptional colleagues around you to support you and help you learn.
To be considered for this position please call the Manchester office on 0161 674 0138, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
By registering with Tradewind Manchester, you will benefit from:
* An honest and friendly team with a wealth of educational experience
* Consultants that will listen to what you want and support you wherever necessary
* Top rates of pay through our attraction of the best education talent
* More training and development than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 40 to be exact! That's 30 more than our next nearest competitor
* A great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a generous reward
* Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
* Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
* A straightforward Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
* Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
- As a Sunday Times Top 100 employer, we're committed to putting candidates & staff first
- We employ the best in the business to provide an exceptional service to our candidates
- Top rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request)
- More free CPD courses than any other education recruiter
- Awarded REC Audited Education Gold Standard status and we're proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.