SEND Teaching Assistant
SEND Teaching Assistant
Tradewind is recruiting for a caring and nurturing SEND Teaching Assistant for a special needs school in Manchester!
Are you passionate about supporting young people and helping them succeed?
Are you looking for an amazing new challenge at an outstanding school?
About the role:
- SEND Teaching Assistant in a special school primary department.
- Start date - 1st March 21.
- Full time and long term with the potential to turn in to a permanent contract.
- Pay up to £75 per day.
- Supporting a KS2 pupil on a 1:1 basis with Autism, ASC.
- You must have previous experience supporting young people with Autism, ASC.
About the school:
- Special school for young people with Autism, Profound & Multiple Learning Difficulties (PMLD), Complex Needs and Speech & Language Communication Needs.
- Rated OUTSTANDING by Ofsted. All staff pull together to help make pupils' progress and reach their potential. There are strong structures in place that mean everyone knows their designated role and responsibilities and can focus on maximising their individual contribution to the school and pupils.
- Excellent modern facilities and local connections.
- The school is a right through provision from Early Years to 16.
About the pupils:
- The pupil with Autism that requires 1:1 support is in Year 6.
- She is verbal but has difficulty with sensory input and this can sometimes trigger frustration and challenging behaviour.
- She also needs support managing emotions, processing and understanding work and interaction with peers.
- She needs some support with language and speech as she is working at lower than expected levels.
- All other pupils are aged 2-16 and all have an EHCP for Special Needs including Autism or Complex Needs.
- Pupils are both verbal or non-verbal so some will need support with Speech & Language and use PECS or Makaton to communicate.
- Staff promote independence, enthusiasm for learning, confidence and courage in their pupils and this is the basis on which pupils are able to achieve.
- Some pupils have Sensory Needs so an appreciation and empathy towards this is needed.
By registering with Tradewind Manchester, you will benefit from:
- An honest and friendly team with a wealth of educational experience
- Consultants that will listen to what you want and support you wherever necessary
- Top rates of pay through our attraction of the best education talent
- More training and development than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 25 to be exact! That's 18 more than our next nearest competitor
- A great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a generous reward
- Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
- Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
- A straightforward Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
- Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
Please call the Manchester office on 0161 674 0138, or email email@example.com
To join us and be successful in this SEND Teaching Assistant role, you will need to:
- Be subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional references checks.
- Provide a CV with at least 10 years employment/education history included and any employment breaks must be explained.
- Have the legal right to work in the UK.
A bit about Tradewind...
- As a Sunday Times Top 100 employer, we're committed to putting candidates & staff first
- We employ the best in the business to provide an exceptional service to our candidates
- Top rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request)
- More free CPD courses than any other education recruiter
- Awarded REC Audited Education Gold Standard status and we're proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.