SEND Teaching Assistant
SEND Teaching Assistant
Tradewind are recruiting for a SEND Teaching Assistant!
Do you have in depth knowledge & experience of supporting young people with Autism?
This is a SEND Teaching Assistant role starting after February half term on a full time and long term basis at a primary special school in Trafford. You will be required to support young people with SEND including those with high functioning and low functioning Autism as well as other cognition and communication needs.
The school is a primary special needs school with a GOOD Ofsted rating across the board. They cater for young people aged 3-11. Thy have a strong vision, good teaching and learning and a stable and supportive team. The management promotes a fun & interesting learning environment and brings enthusiasm and energy to the school. They are successful in making learning accessible and relevant to each individual so that they are encouraged to reach their potential.
The school is in Trafford and is easily accessible by car, train or is a short bus ride from Manchester City Centre, and is on a number of bus routes.
- Experience supporting young people with special needs including autism / ASD / ASC.
- Previous experience as a support worker, Teaching Assistant, Care Worker or Learning Support Assistant.
- Enthusiastic, positive and friendly approach.
- A caring and professional manner, willing to support with the personal care of pupils.
- Must have legal right to work in the UK.
All pupils have an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP) and the needs of the pupils vary. The majority have Autism and some have Complex Needs including cognition and communication needs. As with any school there can be challenging situations, although this wonderful school tries to work as a team with specialist input to provide the best level of support and care to the pupils each day. Experience working with young people with SEN, specifically autism (ASD / ASC), is crucial.
Click 'Apply Now' to be considered for this great position as a SEND Teaching Assistant, or send your CV to email@example.com
- As a Sunday Times Top 100 employer, we're committed to putting candidates & staff first
- We employ the best in the business to provide an exceptional service to our candidates
- Top rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request)
- More free CPD courses than any other education recruiter
- Awarded REC Audited Education Gold Standard status and we're proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.