SEND Teaching Assistant
SEND Teaching Assistant
Tradewind are recruiting for a Special Needs (SEND) Teaching Assistant to support pupils with Profound & Multiple Learning Difficulties (PMLD).
Have you got experience of providing personal care to children or adults?
This is a SEND Teaching Assistant role starting after February half term on a full time and long term basis at a special school in Trafford. You will be required to support young people with PMLD on a 1:1 basis. This will at times involve personal care and moving & handling. Candidates will be considered from education or care backgrounds.
This is an Ofsted rated OUTSTANDING school in all areas. The school is exceptionally well run with staff supported every step of the way. Pupils have a wide curriculum and depth of activities and lessons which motivates them to learn and progress. Staff are given time to understand the individual needs of each pupil and plan their teaching & support according and so education & care is highly tailored to meet their specific needs. The school is very inclusive, listening to the needs of parents, staff, pupils and other agencies connected with them. There is a 'work family' atmosphere and any new member of staff will need to be adaptable, flexible and personable and keen to muck in.
The school is in Trafford and is easily accessible by car, train or is a short bus ride from Manchester City Centre, and is on a number of bus routes.
- Experience supporting young people with special needs including autism / ASD / ASC.
- Previous experience as a support worker, Teaching Assistant, Care Worker or Learning Support Assistant.
- Enthusiastic, positive and friendly approach.
- A caring and professional manner, willing to support with the personal care of pupils.
- Must have legal right to work in the UK.
All pupils have an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP) that inlcudes PMLD, SLD, Complex Needs and Autism. Pupils have a range of physical, mental, sensory and communication needs. As with any school there can be challenging situations, although this wonderful school tries to work as a team with specialist input to provide the best level of support and care to the pupils each day.
Click 'Apply Now' to be considered for this great position as a SEND Teaching Assistant, or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- As a Sunday Times Top 100 employer, we're committed to putting candidates & staff first
- We employ the best in the business to provide an exceptional service to our candidates
- Top rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request)
- More free CPD courses than any other education recruiter
- Awarded REC Audited Education Gold Standard status and we're proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
£63.51 - £73.51 per day + +over 30 accredited CDP courses
Wigan, Greater Manchester
£63.51 - £73.51 per day + 35+ Accredited CPD courses
Leigh, Greater Manchester
£65 - £75 per day
Trafford, Greater Manchester
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.