SEND Teaching Assistant
SEND Teaching Assistant
Are you a dedicated and experienced SEN Teaching Assistant or Support Worker?
Are you motivated and driven to help vulnerable young people progress and reach their full potential?
We are proud to be recruiting for a primary Special School in Trafford rated outstanding by Ofsted in all areas, who are looking for an SEN Teaching Assistant to start ASAP on a full time and long term basis up until Summer with the potential to turn in to a permanent contract after that. Pay up to £75/day.
Ideally you will have experience supporting young people with special needs as a SEN Teaching Assistant however people with significant special needs experience as a support worker or care worker will be considered.
The school caters for over 100 children aged 2 to 11 who have Autism (ASC), Complex Needs and Physical Disabilities. Often children have speech or language difficulties as well as difficulties interacting with others struggle with play and imagination and some have general development delay.
The curriculum is based on the National Curriculum and closely follows the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS), right through the school however some pupils follow KS1 and KS2 National Curriculum subjects. They use Jolly Phonics, Letters & Sounds, Oxford Reading Tree and Songbirds. Schemes or work and lesson plans are highly differentiated for each individual and pupils are group according to level. They have strong focus on improving pupil outcomes and the new SEN Teaching Assistant will need to be able to assist with activities and learning as well as providing emotional and physical support where required.
The school is exceptionally well run, staff are also extremely happy to work there and feel inspired by the school's management. It is a relaxed, welcoming and friendly environment with casual dress and first names between staff and pupils.
This is an excellent opportunity to work with the best and improve your skills and practise within special needs.
By registering with Tradewind Manchester, you will benefit from:
- An honest and friendly team with a wealth of educational experience
- Consultants that will listen to what you want and support you wherever necessary
- Top rates of pay through our attraction of the best education talent
- More training and development than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 25 to be exact! That's 18 more than our next nearest competitor
- A great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a generous reward
- Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
- Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
- A straightforward Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
- Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
Please call the Manchester office on 0161 674 0138, or email email@example.com
To join us and be successful in this SEN Teaching Assistant role, you will need to:
- Be subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional references checks.
- Provide a CV with at least 10 years employment/education history included and any employment breaks must be explained.
- Have the legal right to work in the UK.
A bit about Tradewind...
- As a Sunday Times Top 100 employer, we're committed to putting candidates & staff first
- We employ the best in the business to provide an exceptional service to our candidates
- Top rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request)
- More free CPD courses than any other education recruiter
- Awarded REC Audited Education Gold Standard status and we're proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.