SEND Teaching Assistant - PMLD - Trafford
SEND Teaching Assistant - PMLD - Trafford
Do you have prior experience as a Teaching Assistant, Care Worker or Support Worker?
Have you supported young people with complex needs or physical disabilities either in an education or care setting?
While this is a Teaching Assistant role in a school the nature of the role and the pupils requires someone with experience of personal care and moving & handling. There will be large elements of care however you will also be expected to support young people with their learning and progress. This is a full time role, Monday to Friday and is expected to last until Summer of 2021.
This is an Ofsted rated OUTSTANDING secondary special school that caters for children aged 11-16 with a wide range of needs. They pride themselves on pushing their students to achieve to their best of their ability despite their obstacles to learning so that they are confident and as ready for life after formal education as they can be. They care and nurture each pupil as a individual and tailor their support and learning strategies to each person.
The children all have a diagnosis of Severe Learning Difficulties (SLD), Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties (PMLD) and Complex Needs. This can include those with autism, Cerebral Palsy, Global Delay, Sensory Impairment, Speech & Language Difficulties, Challenging Behaviours among others.
The right person will have prior experience and knowledge of SEND, will be empathetic, patient, adaptable and resilient to changing and challenging situations.
If this sounds like a role for you read on and get in touch using the contact info below!
By registering with Tradewind Manchester, you will benefit from:
* An honest and friendly team with a wealth of educational experience
* Consultants that will listen to what you want and support you wherever necessary
* Top rates of pay through our attraction of the best education talent
* More training and development than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 25 to be exact! That's 18 more than our next nearest competitor
* A great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a generous reward
* Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
* Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
* A straightforward Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
* Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
Please call the Manchester office on 0161 674 0138, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer - stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates and employees come first. We have the very best people to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you, to ensure we have a thorough understanding of your career goals and work hard on your behalf to secure you positions with great rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request) and plenty of development opportunities. We have more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, a brilliant referral bonus, full interview preparation, help with lesson planning, online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability and plenty more benefits by registering with Tradewind. Because our people matter most.
We specialise in matching teachers and support staff with their dream job, and help primary, secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 12 offices in the UK.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are also a proud Equal Opportunities Employer
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.