Tradewind are currently recruiting for a SENDCo to work at a Primary School in Ealing, West London.
The role is full time, 5 days per week, starting in the new academic year from September 2021, for the full academic year until July 2022. It will most likely become permanent for the right candidate.
- QTS, qualified teacher status and NASENCO qualified ideally (National Award for SEN Coordination)
- Experience writing EHCPs (Education, Health and Care Plans)
- Experience with SEN special educational needs, specifically autism ASD / ASC.
- Experience line managing Teaching Assistants.
- Enthusiastic, resilient and self-motivated approach, committed to the betterment of all pupils.
- Must have legal right to work in the UK.
The school is a Good Ofsted rated primary school that converted to an academy a number of years ago, with three forms of entry. You would have SENDCo responsibilities for the school, including line managing and coordinating TAs, ensuring specific students receive the appropriate level of support and meeting with teaching and support staff to assess progress. Coaching and training staff as appropriate. Coordinate interventions. Maintain records and policies, updating and actioning as appropriate
The SENCO will also be required to write up education, health and care plans (EHCPs) for students. You will be part of the school's SLT as the SENDCo position carries an Associate Assistant Head title and you would be reporting to the school's Deputy Head. The role is non-class based however there is a teaching element of half a day each week.
The school are ideally looking for a qualified teacher with experience teaching in UK schools with specific experience within SEN and a good command of written and spoken English.
The school is easily accessible, within walking distance of a tube station and a TFL rail station.
Click 'Apply Now' to be considered for this position as a SENCO in Ealing, West London. Or for more information about the role, contact Tom Meredith on 0207 845 5450 option 3 or email@example.com.
- As a Sunday Times Top 100 employer, we're committed to putting candidates & staff first
- We employ the best in the business to provide an exceptional service to our candidates
- Top rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request)
- More free CPD courses than any other education recruiter
- Awarded REC Audited Education Gold Standard status and we're proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.