Special Needs Primary Teacher
Special Needs Primary Teacher
As a Special Needs Primary Teacher, you will have the opportunity to make a profound impact on the lives of children with complex learning needs. You will play a vital role in providing a nurturing and inclusive educational environment, enabling every child to reach their full potential.
Main Professional Duties:
- Teach a class group of pupils with a range of complex learning needs.
- Offer a broad, balanced, and appropriate curriculum in accordance with the school's Curriculum Policy.
- Plan and complete individual education plans, maintaining day-to-day records, and regularly reviewing pupil progress in line with the school's policies and procedures.
- Prepare reports for Annual Review, termly summaries, and assessments, while maintaining individual pupil files in the class.
- Adhere to school guidelines and requirements related to planning, record keeping, assessment, and reporting.
- Take general responsibility for the well-being of pupils and consult with the team leader on matters of concern.
- Create a stimulating, appropriate, and welcoming classroom environment.
- Organise and maintain classroom and school resources and equipment.
- Work in partnership with learning support assistants, providing guidance and support, preparing their work timetables, and ensuring they have a comprehensive understanding of each pupil's needs and the teaching programs in place.
- Participate in playground duties as required.
- Promote the school's commitment to pupil participation in all aspects of their school life.
- Encourage and foster positive relationships with parents and carers, ensuring supportive, informative, and helpful communication.
- Collaborate with colleagues, team members, other professionals, and agencies.
- Attend staff meetings, school-based training sessions, and relevant training courses, sharing knowledge gained with the staff team as appropriate.
- Participate in the Statutory Performance Management arrangements.
- Contribute to the production and implementation of the School Development and Improvement Plan.
- Promote the use of alternative methods of communication within the classroom and specialist strategies, ensuring support staff are aware of these requirements and provided with necessary training.
- Maintain good order and proper behaviour management in the classroom, adhering to all Health & Safety rules and procedures.
- Be prepared to work in any area of the school.
- Undertake other reasonable duties as directed by the Headteacher.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) or equivalent.
- Experience and knowledge in teaching children with complex learning needs.
- Strong understanding of special education practices and methodologies.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a diverse team.
- Empathy, patience, and a genuine passion for working with special needs students.
- Flexibility and adaptability to meet the varying needs of the students.
- Commitment to continuous professional development.
If you are a dedicated and enthusiastic Special Needs Primary Teacher looking to make a real difference in the lives of children with complex learning needs, we invite you to apply for this rewarding position. Please submit your application, including your CV and a cover letter.
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
You are subscribed to our push notifications, but not currently for jobs like this.
Would you like to receive notifications for jobs like this as well?
Great news! You are subscribed to receive alerts for jobs similar to this one.
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.