Special Needs Teacher
Special Needs Teacher
The Teacher would:
· Work with pupils with learning difficulties who have sensory impairment
· Helping all students enjoy their learning and get as much out of life as they can
· Identify challenges and ensure that the pupils learn
· Support pupils with communication skills
· Helping pupils develop their senses and their physical abilities
· Experience working with Special Educational Needs (preferably SLD)
· Experience in using PECS in their lesson plans and writing IEP's
· 6 Pupils with 4 Support staff and 1 HLTA in the classroom
· Subject knowledge of P Scales desired
· Knowledge of teaching range Ks1 and Ks2
· Must be Caring, Adaptable and highly intuitive
The Teacher will be required to teach students who are on P Scales on the national curriculum across Key Stage 2.
The school is in Hackney, there is a good number of local transport services that run to the school including the overground and local buses. The school has local green areas that the pupils usually use in the summer.
The school have a mission statement that they are very committed to, which is to ensure all students enjoy their achievement. They continue to develop the curriculum and offer a wide range of activities in music, arts and sport through which children and young people can express themselves. The wellbeing of students is marked as a priority and they continue to keep up to date with this by building strong relationships with students and families.
By registering with Tradewind, we can offer you:
· We attract top education talent and in return offer top rates of pay
· We care about your training and development more than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 25 to be exact! That's 18 more than our next nearest competitor
· Great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn up to *£100
· Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
· Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
· Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
· Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
To join us and be successful in this Special Needs Teacher role you will need to:
* Hold QTS status or equivalent teaching qualification
* This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional reference checks
* Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and any employment breaks must be explained
* You must have the legal right to work in the UK
Click 'Apply now' to be considered for this great position as Special Needs Teacher in Hackney, London, or for more information about the role, contact Alex on 0207 845 5450 / OPTION 3 or email@example.com We look forward to hearing from you and helping take you on the next step of your teaching career.
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer - stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates, clients and employees come first. At Tradewind you will have access to 25 fully certified CPD courses, that's 18 more than our next nearest competitor, all focused on making you the best you can be. We have the very best people available to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you. Put simply; we listen, we learn, we deliver. Why? Because our people matter most.
We specialise in matching Teachers and Support Staff to their dream job, and help Primary, Secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 11 offices in the UK, including: London, the West Midlands, the North West, East Anglia, the North East, the South West, Yorkshire, the Midlands, Herts and Bucks.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are also a proud Equal Opportunities Employer.
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.