Special Needs Teacher
Special Needs Teacher
Tradewind are recruiting!
Have you taught young people with special needs before?
We are looking for a Special Needs Teacher to start in September on a full time and long term basis at a special school in south Manchester. The role could turn permanent for the right person. Pay up to £150/day.
This is an Special Needs Teacher / SEN Teacher role for someone with QTS or QTLS and significant experience teaching young people with Complex Needs working at P Scales and EYFS. You will be required to plan and deliver lessons, monitor progress, write reports and differentiate your work to the individual needs of each pupil. You will need to work closely with your TA's and school management as well as outside agencies.
The school is a large special school in south Manchester area that caters for young people with low functioning autism, Complex Needs and PMLD. Pupils are aged 3-11. Each class has no more than 8 young people however they could be at varying ages and levels. The school is rated OUTSTANDING by Ofsted and they have high expectations of what their pupils can achieve. They are a caring and nurturing environment with a real team atmosphere where everyone mucks in and supports one another. The new Special Needs Teacher will need to focus on numeracy & literacy, speech & language and social, physical & emotional development with the aim to improve quality of life as well as understanding of and contribution to the world around them.
Young people have a range of Complex Needs, SLD, PMLD and Autism. Many of the pupils require personal care and moving and handling. Although TA's mostly do this, teachers may be required to support in this area from time to time. Many of the pupils have speech and language communication difficulties and sensory needs so as a teacher you will need strategies and methods in place to help with this from a learning perspective. Pupils are generally working at P Levels.
If this sounds like a role for you read on and get in touch using the contact info below!
Please call the Manchester office on 0161 674 0138, or email email@example.com
By registering with Tradewind Manchester, you will benefit from:
* An honest and friendly team with a wealth of educational experience
* Consultants that will listen to what you want and support you wherever necessary
* Top rates of pay through our attraction of the best education talent
* More training and development than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 25 to be exact! That's 18 more than our next nearest competitor
* A great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a generous reward
* Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
* Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
* A straightforward Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
* Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
To join us and be successful in this Special Needs Teacher / SEN Teacher role, you will need to:
- Be subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional references checks.
- Provide a CV with at least 10 years employment/education history included and any employment breaks must be explained.
- Have the legal right to work in the UK.
- As a Sunday Times Top 100 employer, we're committed to putting candidates & staff first
- We employ the best in the business to provide an exceptional service to our candidates
- Top rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request)
- More free CPD courses than any other education recruiter
- Awarded REC Audited Education Gold Standard status and we're proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.