Special Needs Teacher
Special Needs Teacher
Are you a patient, empathetic and nurturing teacher?
Do you have experience of adapting your lessons to meet different needs and levels?
Tradewind are recruiting for a Special Needs Teacher for a secondary special school in Trafford!
About the role:
This is a full time and long term Special Needs Teacher role for someone with significant experience teaching young people with Complex Needs or Profound Needs. The role could turn permanent for the right person. Pay up to £145/day dependent on experience.
You will be required to plan and deliver lessons, monitor progress, write reports and differentiate your work to the individual needs of each pupil. You will need to work closely with your TA's and school management as well as outside agencies. Due to the levels of the pupils you will need lots of strategies & lessons in your tool box to promote engagement and progress on a sensory, communication, social, behavioural and academic basis.
About the school:
The school is a large special school in the Trafford area that caters for young people with low functioning autism (ASC), Complex Needs and PMLD. Pupils are aged 11-25. Each class has no more than 8 young people however they could be at varying ages and levels. The schools is rated GOOD by Ofsted and they have high expectations of what their pupils can achieve with their curriculum heavily based around Literacy and Numeracy, Personal Development and Life Skills. They are a caring and nurturing environment with a real team atmosphere where everyone mucks in and supports one another. Everything they do is child centred and with their best interests at heart as they aim to help each pupil reach their full potential and support them in transitioning in to life after formal education.
About the pupils:
Young people have a range of Complex Needs, SLD, PMLD and Autism. Many of the pupils require personal care and moving and handling. Although TA's mostly do this, as a Special Needs Teacher you may be required to support in this area from time to time. Many of the pupils have speech and language communication difficulties and sensory needs so as a Special Needs Teacher you will need strategies and methods in place to help with this from a learning perspective. Pupils are generally working at P Levels or equivalent with the school now following the newer 7 Aspects of Engagement.
By registering with Tradewind Manchester, you will benefit from:
- An honest and friendly team with a wealth of educational experience
- Consultants that will listen to what you want and support you wherever necessary
- Top rates of pay through our attraction of the best education talent
- More training and development than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 25 to be exact! That's 18 more than our next nearest competitor
- A great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a generous reward
- Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
- Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
- A straightforward Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
- Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
Please call the Manchester office on 0161 674 0138, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
To join us and be successful in this Special Needs Teacher role, you will need to:
- Be subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional references checks.
- Provide a CV with at least 10 years employment/education history included and any employment breaks must be explained.
- Have the legal right to work in the UK.
A bit about Tradewind...
- As a Sunday Times Top 100 employer, we're committed to putting candidates & staff first
- We employ the best in the business to provide an exceptional service to our candidates
- Top rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request)
- More free CPD courses than any other education recruiter
- Awarded REC Audited Education Gold Standard status and we're proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.