Special Needs Teaching Assistant
Special Needs Teaching Assistant
Tradewind is recruiting for an caring & nurturing Special Needs Teaching Assistant for a special needs primary school in Trafford!
Are you passionate that all young people should have the opportunity to succeed?
Do you have experience supporting young people with Autism or Complex Needs?
About the role:
- Special Needs Teaching Assistant in a special needs primary school.
- Start date - 15/03/2021
- Full time and long term with the potential to turn in to a permanent contract.
- Pay up to £75 per day.
- You will be required to support a pupil in KS2 on a 1:1 basis with low functioning Autism. They are pre-verbal and use PECS to aid communication. They also have sensory needs so their new Special Needs Teaching Assistant will need to be able to adapt the environment and notice triggers in order to be able to prevent crisis situations of challenging behaviour.
- You must have previous experience supporting young people with Autism, ASC.
- You must also have previous experience as either a Special Needs Teaching Assistant or Primary Teaching Assistant with SEN experience.
- You will need to have lots of patience, empathy and perseverance to help their pupils feel cared for and meet their individual needs.
About the school:
- Special school for young people with Autism, Profound & Multiple Learning Difficulties (PMLD), Complex Needs and Speech & Language Communication Needs.
- Rated OUTSTANDING by Ofsted. Management are really supportive of new staff and those developing in their roles. Pupils and also really positive about the support, education and care that they receive.
- The schools core aspects of the EYFS curriculum encompasses Communication, Language & Literacy, Physical Development and Personal & Social Development.
- This in turn leads to outcomes based around communication, cognition, independence, self-care and equip pupils with skills for life after early education.
- The school focuses on being inclusive, nurturing each individual, making sure learning is fun and challenging, working as a team to provide holistic education & care and celebrating successes.
- New build school with amazing facilities that is tailored to meet the needs of pupils and aid staff in their work.
About the pupils:
- All pupils are aged 3-11 and have an EHCP for SEN with the majority having Autism (ASC) or Complex Needs including verbal and non-verbal pupils.
- The follow an Early Years EYFS curriculum as well as other alternative curriculum aspects suited to the needs of their children.
- Their are 5 learning pathways that group young people based on learning profiles so that pupils needs are met effectively.
- Pupils need support managing emotions, processing and understanding work and interaction with peers.
- Some need support with language and speech as she is working at lower than expected levels.
- Many have Speech & Language needs and use PECS or Makaton to communicate.
- Staff promote independence, enthusiasm for learning, confidence and courage in their pupils and this is the basis on which pupils are able to achieve.
- Some pupils have Sensory Needs so an appreciation and empathy towards this is needed.
By registering with Tradewind Manchester, you will benefit from:
- An honest and friendly team with a wealth of educational experience
- Consultants that will listen to what you want and support you wherever necessary
- Top rates of pay through our attraction of the best education talent
- More training and development than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 25 to be exact! That's 18 more than our next nearest competitor
- A great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a generous reward
- Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
- Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
- A straightforward Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
- Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
Please call the Manchester office on 0161 674 0138, or email email@example.com
To join us and be successful in this Special Needs Teaching Assistant role, you will need to:
- Be subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional references checks.
- Provide a CV with at least 10 years employment/education history included and any employment breaks must be explained.
- Have the legal right to work in the UK.
A bit about Tradewind...
- As a Sunday Times Top 100 employer, we're committed to putting candidates & staff first
- We employ the best in the business to provide an exceptional service to our candidates
- Top rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request)
- More free CPD courses than any other education recruiter
- Awarded REC Audited Education Gold Standard status and we're proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.