Tradewind are recruiting for a Sports Assistant / Teaching Assistant for a secondary alternative education provision in Manchester!
Have you got as experience as Sports Coach, Sports Assistant or Teaching Assistant within a sports department?
Do you have experience supporting or coaching young people from challenging backgrounds?
This is a Sports Assistant / Teaching Assistant role starting on March 8th on a full time and long term basis. You will be required to support and sometimes take PE activities in partnership with the PE teacher. The role will also require elements of learning and academic support within the classroom environment from time to time.
The provision is located on several different sites in Manchester and caters for young people at secondary age outside of mainstream education. Class sizes are typically 6-8 pupils split between KS3 and KS4. The provision has an excellent reputation in the borough and works closely with secondary schools & youth centres as well as many other outside agencies involved in young people's care and education.
Children are aged between 11 and 16 years and all come with an Education Healthcare Plan (EHCP) for Social, Emotional and Mental Health difficulties (SEMH). This means that pupils occasionally display verbal or physical challenging behaviour. You will need to be resilient, dedicated and passionate about supporting young people from vulnerable backgrounds. You will need a natural ability to connect with young people with varied ethnicities, cultures, language and ability. This is a great opportunity for someone to work in the education sector with young people while making full use of your vocational skills in sports.
If this sounds like a role for you read on and get in touch using the contact info below!
By registering with Tradewind Manchester, you will benefit from:
- An honest and friendly team with a wealth of educational experience
- Consultants that will listen to what you want and support you wherever necessary
- Top rates of pay through our attraction of the best education talent
- More training and development than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 25 to be exact! That's 18 more than our next nearest competitor
- A great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a generous reward
- Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
- Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
- A straightforward Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
- Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
Please call the Manchester office on 0161 674 0138, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
To join us and be successful in this special needs Sports Assistant / Teaching Assistant role, you will need to:
- Be subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional references checks.
- Provide a CV with at least 10 years employment/education history included and any employment breaks must be explained.
- Have the legal right to work in the UK.
A bit about Tradewind...
- As a Sunday Times Top 100 employer, we're committed to putting candidates & staff first
- We employ the best in the business to provide an exceptional service to our candidates
- Top rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request)
- More free CPD courses than any other education recruiter
- Awarded REC Audited Education Gold Standard status and we're proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.