Are you looking for a varied and exciting role?
Do you want to use sports to motivate and engage young people?
This is a role for a school based Sports Assistant at a diverse & welcoming secondary school in the Manchester area for pupils with Social & Emotional needs.
- Sports Assistant / Mentor.
- Starting ASAP on a full time basis, Monday to Friday.
- Hours are 8:30am - 3:45pm.
- Likely to continue in September or go permanent for the right person.
- Pay up to £90/day.
- Excellent opportunity to use your sports skills during PE lessons and sports interventions while also gaining new skills within the classroom environment supporting students with academic work.
- Benefit from Tradewinds exclusive partnership with The National College and access over 2,500 education focused CPD for FREE.
- You will need to work closely with Teaching Assistants & Teachers to implement Sports sessions as a tool to aid engagement, motivation, confidence, fun and emotional resilience.
- You will need to manage behaviour & deal with challenging situations.
- Pupils will need lots of encouragement & positive reinforcement.
- You will need to be hard working, collaborative, adaptable, resilient, patient and able to persevere in order to help you pupils make progress academically, socially, emotionally & physically while also promoting other aspects of personal development.
- This secondary SEMH school caters for young people in KS3 & 4, aged 11-6.
- All pupils have an EHCP for special needs including Social, Emotional or Mental Health needs (SEMH), ADHD or Autism.
- Rated Good by Ofsted.
- Very supportive management & colleagues that work as a team to overcome challenges.
- Easily accessible by train, bus, tram or car.
- Lots of regular CPD for long term staff.
To join us and be successful in this Sports Assistant / Mentor role, you will need to:
- Some experience coaching or mentoring teenagers.
- Have an enhanced DBS certificate (or be happy to apply for a new one).
- Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable).
- 2 professional references checks.
- Provide a CV with full history from your education until present.
- Have the legal right to work in the UK.
To apply for this Mancheser based Sports Assistant / Learning Mentor role & register with Tradewind please call Graham in the Manchester office on 0161 674 0138 or email email@example.com.
Benefits of working through Tradewind:
- An honest and friendly team with a wealth of educational experience
- Consultants that will listen to what you want and support you wherever necessary
- Top rates of pay through our attraction of the best education talent
- More training and development than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 25 to be exact! That's 18 more than our next nearest competitor
- A great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a generous reward
- Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
- Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
- A straightforward Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
- Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
A bit more about Tradewind...
- As a Sunday Times Top 100 employer, we're committed to putting candidates & staff first
- We employ the best in the business to provide an exceptional service to our candidates
- Top rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request)
- More free CPD courses than any other education recruiter
- Awarded REC Audited Education Gold Standard status and we're proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
You are subscribed to our push notifications, but not currently for jobs like this.
Would you like to receive notifications for jobs like this as well?
Great news! You are subscribed to receive alerts for jobs similar to this one.
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.