Subject Leader of Geography
Subject Leader of Geography
Tradewind Recruitment are seeking an enthusiastic and experienced Teacher of Geography to join an 11-18 academy in Bromley as subject leader for geography. The post is full-time, permanent and can commence at Easter or September 2021.
Due to their ongoing school expansion and with increased popularity of Geography at key stages 4 and 5, a unique and exciting opportunity has arisen to lead the subject within this outstanding academy.
Student achievement in Geography is strong at both GCSE and A-Level. The Geography department is well-established and equipped with up-to-date resources and teachers are committed to involving students of all ages in practical fieldwork. Visits and enrichment activities complement classroom learning.
The school are seeking talented individuals who want to help create exceptional places of learning. The successful applicant will be a creative and dynamic practitioner who holds QTS (or equivalent) and will be able to lead and contribute to the planning of the geography curriculum from KS3-KS5.
You should be passionate about your subject area and keep abreast of the latest research and developments in your field. You will be an excellent practitioner with a track record in securing strong outcomes and in supporting and coaching others in achieving this; the ideal candidate will be an effective leader, committed to inspiring both students and staff to reach their potential.
Since opening in 2011, this academy has gone from strength to strength and have been oversubscribed for the last three years, rapidly becoming the school of choice in the local area. GCSE and A Level results have improved each year, with English and Maths combined scores in 2016 reaching an outstanding 80% A*-C. Since converting, results have dramatically improved and they secured a judgment of 'Outstanding' from Ofsted in 2017.
To be successful in this role you will need to:
- Hold QTS status or equivalent teaching qualification.
- Be a Teacher of Geography with excellent knowledge of the curriculum and the experience and ability to lead a team.
- This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure, Overseas Police Clearance (if applicable) and professional reference checks.
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and any employment breaks must be explained.
- You must have the legal right to work in the UK.
If you would like further information on this role, please contact David at Tradewind on 0207 845 5450 or email David.firstname.lastname@example.org
- As a Sunday Times Top 100 employer, we're committed to putting candidates & staff first
- We employ the best in the business to provide an exceptional service to our candidates
- Top rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request)
- More free CPD courses than any other education recruiter
- Awarded REC Audited Education Gold Standard status and we're proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.