There are several different roles which could include being general cover, or you could be expected to plan, prepare and teach your specialism to KS3 & KS4 on either a part time or full-time basis to mixed ability students depending on how long term the placement is.
The ideal candidate will be a qualified teacher who specialises in a secondary subject. You will have a positive approach to teaching and learning, with strong behaviour management and a proactive attitude. You must be passionate about making a difference and be able to make a positive impact.
We are looking for:
* Secondary qualified teachers in the Preston area
* Someone who can teach their specialism to KS4 and can provide general cover
* A committed member of staff who will want to attain the highest standards in teaching and learning throughout their role
* Ability to engage their students in their learning
* Commitment to the school and their students
The schools we work with are in around Preston. If you drive our schools are easy to get to from Preston, Blackburn, Accrington and Clitheroe. Depending on where you live, some of our schools could be on your door step.
By registering with Tradewind, we can offer you:
* We attract top education talent and in return offer top rates of pay
* We care about your training and development more than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 25 to be exact! That's 18 more than our next nearest competitor
* Great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a brilliant bonus!
* Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
* Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
* Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
* Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
We visit all our schools we supply to, this helps us get a real understanding of the school to ensure you are prepared for the day ahead. As a secondary teacher, you will have the support of a cohesive and committed team of teachers who work collaboratively to maintain high standards and expectations. All our schools offer fantastic support and warm welcomes to all new staff members. They have fantastic facilities for the students and staff.
To join us and be successful in this Secondary Teacher Role you will need:
* To hold QTS or equivalent teaching qualification.
* This position is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure, Overseas Police Clearance (if applicable) and profession reference checks - At least 2!
* Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and any employment breaks should be noted.
* You must have the legal right to work in the UK.
If you are a passionate Secondary Teacher with recognised qualifications, please apply today with an up to date copy of your CV or call the office for a confidential discussion on 01772 977 333.
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer - stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates, clients and employees come first. At Tradewind you will have access to 25 fully certified CPD courses, that's 18 more than our next nearest competitor, all focused on making you the best you can be. We have the very best people available to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you. Put simply; we listen, we learn, we deliver. Why? Because our people matter most.
We specialise in matching Teachers and Support Staff to their dream job, and help Primary, Secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 11 offices in the UK, including: London, the West Midlands, the North West, East Anglia, the North East, the South West, Yorkshire, the Midlands, Herts and Bucks.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are also a proud Equal Opportunities Employer.
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 3rd year running!
£121.74 - £187.52 per day
£23720 - £35008 per annum
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.