Supply Teaching Assistant
Supply Teaching Assistant
Teaching Assistant - Supply role
Tradewind Manchester are recruiting! Are you an experienced Teaching Assistant looking for a flexible supply work in the Salford area?
This role will include:
- Supporting the class teacher and pupils
- Aiding student learning and usually on a 1:1 or group basis
- Supporting students with special educational needs or behavioural issues.
- Taking responsibility for the safeguarding of the young people in your care
- Supporting the school team to provide a stimulating, safe and nurturing environment for students to learn
About the role:
- Day-to-Day experience on a rolling basis, with longer term opportunities for the right candidates
- Hours are 08:15-15:30
- You may be required to assist with programmes outside the classroom and after school from time to time
We are working with Primary Schools based in Salford and Trafford who have/will have a large need for Teaching Assistants on both a long term / full time basis and for day-to-day supply cover starting ASAP or from September 2023. Working with these schools will offer you the opportunity to broaden your experience and assisting children of all different walks of life in their education, development, and social wellbeing!
The needs of the students are paramount, and staff must be able to engage pupils with interesting and exciting learning opportunities; based not only on the national curriculum, but also to include social skills, wellbeing, personal development, peer interaction and support for one and other.
The needs range from general TA support, developmental assistance in reading, writing & maths, to one-on-one support for students with special educational needs and behavioural support.
To be considered for this position you must have a can-do attitude; be prepared to perform whichever task is required of you; have strong interpersonal skills; be able to engage pupils and differentiate work according to academic levels. Relevant qualifications or experience in a classroom are particularly important
You will also need to:
- Hold a Teaching Assistant qualification or relevant bachelor's degree.
- Be subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional references checks
- Provide a CV with at least 10 years employment/education history included and any employment breaks must be explained
- Have the legal right to work in the UK
The benefits of working your initial temporary period in the role through Tradewind include:
- We offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency.
- Great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn up to *£100
- Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success.
- Online Portal for your time sheets and to log your availability
Click 'Apply Now' to be considered for this Teaching Assistant position, Or for more information about the role, contact Stephen on 0161 674 0138 / firstname.lastname@example.org
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
You are subscribed to our push notifications, but not currently for jobs like this.
Would you like to receive notifications for jobs like this as well?
Great news! You are subscribed to receive alerts for jobs similar to this one.
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.