Tradewind Recruitment are now working with a secondary school and college in Surrey looking for a SEN teaching assistant to start ASAP. The school is looking for a strong 1:1 teaching assistant to work with year 10 and year 11 students who have ASD/SEMH. The College in Surrey, a Pupil Referral Unit for students aged 5 to 16. The College is a National Support School led by an Executive Head who is a National Leader of Education (NLE). It is also a Teaching school in its own right as well as being part of an alliance with 5 other schools that form the South East Surrey Teaching Alliance (SESTA). The schools aim is to reduce the numbers of pupils who are Permanently Excluded from school by offering mainstream schools an alternative to exclusion. We offer a range of interventions so pupils can be supported, either within their mainstream school or at the college.
The college is situated in the beautiful rural area of Reigate which is surrounded by the Surrey hills and has easy access via public transport from Crawley and London.
Your role as a Support worker
- Provide day to day support, delivering 1:1, paired and small group teaching, and learner sessions
- Supervise and support community-based learning and educational visits
- Help to plan lessons by preparing materials and resources
- Working with key pupils to help develop their personal plans and aspirations
- Supporting pupils to develop crucial life skills to help them thrive.
- You will be well organised, have good planning skills, have experience of working with children and young people with SEMH a commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Above all, you will also need the physical and emotional resilience to work with young people who often present behaviours that challenge.
- Experience of working with SEMH is essential
Benefits of working at the school:
- Supportive head teacher that offers a caring and understanding nature to all staff members
- Personal development is encouraged, training courses are offered
- At the end of the school day participants will take part in a debrief of the day, including the tracking of: - behaviour triggers - effective strategies used - time spent out of class - lessons not accessed - proposed PSHCE focusses for the child - target setting - ongoing concerns
The benefits of working with Tradewind:
- We attract top education talent and in return offer top rates of pay
- We care about your training and development more than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 30 to be exact!
- Great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a brilliant bonus!
- Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
- Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
- Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
- Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
Click 'Apply Now' to be considered for this great position as Support worker in Surrey . Or for more information about the role, contact Jade Kierans on [02078455450.option3] or [email@example.com]
- As a Sunday Times Top 100 employer, we're committed to putting candidates & staff first
- We employ the best in the business to provide an exceptional service to our candidates
- Top rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay; however we will happily accrue this upon request)
- More free CPD courses than any other education recruiter
Awarded REC Audited Education Gold Standard status and we're proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.