Tradewind are recruiting for a Support Worker / SEND Teaching Assistant for a special school in Salford!
This is a full time and long term post starting after the February half term. The role could turn permanent for the right person after a number of weeks working on supply.
If you have previous experience in any of the following roles then this job could be for you:
- Support Worker
- Care Worker
- SEND Teaching Assisant
- Learning Support Assistant
- Care Assistant
We are proud to be recruiting a Support Worker / SEND Teaching Assistant for an Ofsted rated OUTSTANDING special school in the Salford area. The school caters for young people aged 11-25 wit a range of SEND including SLD, PMLD, MLD, Autism and some SEMH. They have fantastic facilities that are tailored to individual needs and that enhance pupil care and learning. Management have a strong vision and system in place to aid progress of pupils and staff. They plan fun, engaging and made to measure activities for pupils and are big on praise, reward and motivational strategies while giving pupils enough space to express themselves and their needs within the learning environment.
This role requires an empathetic and understanding person who is not afraid of hard work and not afraid of the unexpected. Staff muck in as a team and are adaptable and flexible when required to take on a variety of responsibilities. You will mostly be working on a 1:1 basis however occasionally it will be small group work. It will involve some personal care and moving and handling so ideally you will have prior experience of delivering personal care and also using a wheelchair and/or using hoist equipment.
Due to the learning levels and physical needs of the pupils they a Support Worker / SEND Teaching Assistant that can be with them at all times, build a strong relationship with them based on trust and consistency while also providing a fun, happy and safe environment.
To be considered for this position please call the Manchester office on 0161 674 0138, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
By registering with Tradewind Manchester, you will benefit from:
* An honest and friendly team with a wealth of educational experience
* Consultants that will listen to what you want and support you wherever necessary
* Top rates of pay through our attraction of the best education talent
* More training and development than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 40 to be exact! That's 30 more than our next nearest competitor
* A great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a generous reward
* Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
* Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
* A straightforward Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
* Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
- As a Sunday Times Top 100 employer, we're committed to putting candidates & staff first
- We employ the best in the business to provide an exceptional service to our candidates
- Top rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request)
- More free CPD courses than any other education recruiter
- Awarded REC Audited Education Gold Standard status and we're proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.