Are you passionate about supporting young people with various obstacles to learning?
Do you want to see all children succeed and reach their full potential?
Tradewind are proud to be recruiting for an experienced SEN Support Worker / Teaching Assistant for an outstanding special needs secondary school in Salford.
About the role:
- SEN Support Worker / Teaching Assistant in a secondary special school.
- Start date - ASAP
- Full time and long term with the potential to turn in to a permanent contract.
- Pay up to £75 per day.
- Supporting pupils with Autism (ASC) on a 1:1 or group basis. There are a mixture of needs from low to high functioning. Including sensory needs, speech & language needs, physical needs and emotional & behaviour needs.
- Additional to the above needs you will be required to deliver some learning support where needed.
- You must have previous experience supporting children or young adults with Autism.
- You must have prior experience as either a Support Worker or SEN Teaching Assistant.
About the school:
- Special needs secondary school for young people with Autism, MLD and Physical Needs.
- Rated OUTSTANDING by Ofsted in all areas.
- Excellent modern facilities including hydrotherapy pool, art therapy room, sensory room and garden, SMART room and various other 1:1 and specialised spaces.
- Staff are all committed wholeheartedly to constant improvement and everything at the school is child centred.
- Staff are very well supported by management, there is a great collegiate atmosphere where everyone helps and supports one another as well.
About the pupils:
- All pupils are 11-16 and have an EHCP for SEN with the majority having Autism (ASC) including verbal and non-verbal, as well as ther MLD and some Physical Needs.
- Pupils need support managing emotions, processing and understanding work and interaction with peers.
- Pupils are both verbal or non-verbal so some will need support with Speech & Language and use PECS, Signalong or Makaton to communicate.
- Staff promote independence, enthusiasm for learning, confidence and courage in their pupils and this is the basis on which pupils are able to achieve.
- Some pupils have Sensory Needs so an appreciation and empathy towards this is needed in order t prevent young people from getting anxious and reaching crisis.
This is an incredible opportunity to work and learn from the best at an outstanding special needs school.
By registering with Tradewind Manchester, you will benefit from:
- An honest and friendly team with a wealth of educational experience
- Consultants that will listen to what you want and support you wherever necessary
- Top rates of pay through our attraction of the best education talent
- More training and development than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 25 to be exact! That's 18 more than our next nearest competitor
- A great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a generous reward
- Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
- Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
- A straightforward Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
- Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
Please call the Manchester office on 0161 674 0138, or email email@example.com
To join us and be successful in this SEN Support Worker / Teaching Assistant role, you will need to:
- Be subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional references checks.
- Provide a CV with at least 10 years employment/education history included and any employment breaks must be explained.
- Have the legal right to work in the UK.
A bit about Tradewind...
- As a Sunday Times Top 100 employer, we're committed to putting candidates & staff first
- We employ the best in the business to provide an exceptional service to our candidates
- Top rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request)
- More free CPD courses than any other education recruiter
- Awarded REC Audited Education Gold Standard status and we're proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.