Do you want to see all children succeed and reach their full potential?
Have you got experience with special needs either in care or education?
Tradewind are proud to be recruiting for an caring and nurturing Support Worker / SEN Teaching Assistant for an outstanding special needs secondary school in Trafford.
About the role:
- Support Worker / SEN Teaching Assistant in a secondary special school in Trafford.
- Start date - ASAP
- Full time and long term and will turn in to a permanent contract for the right person.
- Pay up to £75 per day.
- Supporting pupils with Autism (ASC) & Complex Needs on a 1:1 or group basis. There are a mixture of needs from low to high functioning including sensory needs, speech & language needs, physical needs and emotional & behaviour needs.
- You may be required to provide Personal Care or Moving & Handling support for some students.
- Additional to the above care needs you will be required to deliver some learning support where needed and assist the class teacher in the delivery of lessons.
- You must have previous experience supporting children or young adults with Autism as a minimum.
- You must have prior experience as either a Support Worker, Care Worker or SEN Teaching Assistant.
- You will need to have empathy, patience and adaptability in abundance in order to be successful.
About the school:
- Special needs secondary school for young people with Autism, Complex Needs and PMLD.
- Rated OUTSTANDING by Ofsted in all areas.
- Staff comment on the excellent organisation and management and real team atmosphere.
- Excellent modern facilities including hydrotherapy pool, art therapy room, sensory room and garden, SMART room and various other 1:1 and specialised spaces.
- The school is extremely welcoming and supportive and they understand the challenges that staff face. Other supply staff who have worked there have loved it.
About the pupils:
- All pupils are 11-16 and have an EHCP for SEN with the majority having Autism (ASC) including verbal and non-verbal, as well as ther MLD and some Physical Needs.
- Pupils need support managing emotions, processing and understanding work and interaction with peers.
- Pupils are both verbal or non-verbal so some will need support with Speech & Language and use PECS, Signalong or Makaton to communicate so experience in one of these is a bonus but not essential.
- Staff promote independence, enthusiasm for learning, confidence and courage in their pupils and this is the basis on which pupils are able to achieve.
This is an incredible opportunity to work and learn from the best at an outstanding special needs school and potentially secure permanent work closer to summer.
By registering with Tradewind Manchester, you will benefit from:
- An honest and friendly team with a wealth of educational experience
- Consultants that will listen to what you want and support you wherever necessary
- Top rates of pay through our attraction of the best education talent
- More training and development than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 25 to be exact! That's 18 more than our next nearest competitor
- A great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a generous reward
- Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
- Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
- A straightforward Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
- Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
Please call the Manchester office on 0161 674 0138, or email email@example.com
To join us and be successful in this Support Worker / SEN Teaching Assistant role, you will need to:
- Be subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional references checks.
- Provide a CV with at least 10 years employment/education history included and any employment breaks must be explained.
- Have the legal right to work in the UK.
A bit about Tradewind...
- As a Sunday Times Top 100 employer, we're committed to putting candidates & staff first
- We employ the best in the business to provide an exceptional service to our candidates
- Top rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request)
- More free CPD courses than any other education recruiter
- Awarded REC Audited Education Gold Standard status and we're proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.