Teacher of Business Studies
Teacher of Business Studies
An 11-18 Academy in Croydon is seeking a Teacher of Business Studies starting from April 2021, or sooner if available. This is an opportunity to become a part of a successful Business and ICT faculty who are looking for a teacher who will join and strengthen the team even further.
You will be a well-qualified, dynamic and lively Teacher of Business Studies with the ability to teach Business Studies to GCSE and A-level. The ability to teach A-level Economics and BTEC Level 3 Business Studies would be advantageous. The vacancy is a result of the continued growth in popularity of the courses offered in this department. Candidates should be able to demonstrate success in the classroom and be effective team players.
Business is a popular subject attracting large numbers at GCSE, A Level and Vocational. As a Teacher of Business Studies you will teach academic and vocational business to all key stages. You will be required to keep abreast of educational theory to inform your teaching, understand the value of knowledge in the curriculum and the ability to apply that knowledge in a contextual manner. You will understand the process of cognition and meta-cognition when planning valuable educational experiences for students.
What the school are offering:
- Professional coaching and support.
- A bespoke CPD programme.
- Complementary holistic therapy to support staff wellbeing.
- Free use of a staff gymnasium.
- A thriving social and community ethos.
To be successful in this role you will need to:
- Hold QTS status or equivalent teaching qualification.
- Be a Teacher of Business Studies with excellent knowledge of the curriculum.
- This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure, Overseas Police Clearance (if applicable) and professional reference checks.
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and any employment breaks must be explained.
- You must have the legal right to work in the UK.
If you would like further information on this role, please contact David at Tradewind on 0207 845 5450 or email David.email@example.com
- As a Sunday Times Top 100 employer, we're committed to putting candidates & staff first
- We employ the best in the business to provide an exceptional service to our candidates
- Top rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request)
- More free CPD courses than any other education recruiter
- Awarded REC Audited Education Gold Standard status and we're proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.